Survival - Mask - Chapter 46

I've made a new teaser for the story! It's an overview of the 7 top ranks and their masks! Example: Taehyung and his invisible mask, Namjoon and his dragon scale mask and Jungkook and his flower mask! Get it? I wanted to add texts but it was all over the place so I went for pure visuals instead >< Please watch it! I hope you liked it! There's actually a second version but I'll post it next time!

Please make sure to reload/update the story a few times before reading to receive the latest updated ver! I'm sorry for any errors! I'll fix it ASAP! Enjoy!

-----------------------------

Flashback: Seokjin's Scooter

Seokjin's scooter suddenly raced forward while we bickered, and we entered a village's road. We rode through a local market, down an old alley, alongside a vast glimmering lake, and finally stopping at a huge building. I immediately hopped off his scooter then turned to scan the hospital-like property. Strangely, many elders were strolling, resting, and moving around in their wheelchairs.

"An elderly home? Wae? Do you have a family here?" I questioned Seokjin in surprise.

"Ani. I work here," Seokjin smiled, taking off his helmet and hook it over his scooter's mirror.

"Mwo? What do you mean-"

"Ah... were you always this chatty. Kaja," Seokjin huffed, encircling his arm around my neck and tugged me forward.

"Yah! Let me go! YAH!" I shrieked in annoyance when Seokjin tightened his arm around my neck, causing me to bend forward.

"Stop screaming! You'll disturb them! Watch your manners, will you? Don't scream like a dying pig, I don't intend on killing you," Seokjin quickly released me in disbelief, so I rubbed my neck in irritation.

"Tsk... you're so annoying," I mumbled, glancing away as we made our way into the garden.

"Handsome chef!" An elderly halmeoni in her late 70s called out, waving at us from a bench.

"Chef?" I questioned, eyeing Seokjin in confusion, 

"Halmeoni~! Anneonghaseyo! I've missed you!" Seokjin bowed, jogging up to the group of elders, leaving me baffled.

"Aigo! What happened to your face? We've missed you too," A chubby halmeoni laughed when Seokjin bent down to hug her. What the hell is going on... I've never seen Seokjin this... polite towards anyone?

"Did you eat well? I feel like you've lost a lot of weight! Aigo~" Another halmeoni with short curly hair smiled as she patted Seokjin. He leaned over to massage her shoulders with a bright smile. What on earth is going on? Am I dreaming..? I can't process the situation before me...

"You've brought someone along," A grandpa greeted me.

"Ah. Anneonghaseyo. I'm Jang Sora," I smiled, bowing down at them.

"Is she your girlfriend?" The grandpa chuckled, causing the chubby granny to grimace at me and jokingly folded her arms in displease.

"Ah-"

"She's obviously his girlfriend. Look at her, she's so pretty. I'm a bit disappointed you discarded us, but at least you have good eyes," The chubby grandma shot Seokjin a teasing glare before breaking into a bright beam.

"We're not-"

"Aniyo~ I didn't abandon you guys! I was just a bit busy," Seokjin whined, cutting me off. So I shot him a puzzled expression. Why isn't he denying their assumptions?

"I haven't been eating well for a while, but I'll make sure to eat plenty today!" The halmeoni with curly hair smiled while patting her belly.

"What's today's menu?" The grandpa asked curiously.