XLIV

He wasn't completely heartless. It was just that you were blinded by hatred, pain and grief that you couldn't see correctly. Now, you're starting to see just how much he really did for you, even if it was behind the scenes of your whole life.

And now that he has cancer, you're starting yo really realize the importance of family. Every single person is important, even if they managed to hurt you before. It was something you never thought you would realize. You loved your father and your brother.

I'll be there for you two. I promise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Miss (L/N)?" You hear your name being called out at the hospital. You raised your head and looked up at the nurse, a small smile on your lips.

"Come on Sammy. Let's see dad." You smiled, grabbing his small hand as he walked besides you. For a two year old, he sure seemed pretty big for his age. And he was so cute, all of the nurses you met just had something to comment about you two.

"Okay!" He smiled, waddling next to you, grabbing your finger. You felt your heart speed up as you approached the door. Sighing, you calm down and carried Sammy up in your arms. Your hand slid the door open and you closed it behind you.

There he was. Your father. He was looking out the window, sat up as the fresh morning breeze made it's way inside the stuffy room. His head slowly turned to see you and Sammy.

"Dad." You breathed out. He looked at you for a couple of seconds before smiling softly.

"Welcome home, (Y/N). How have you been?" He asked you, super calmly, a smile on his face.

"G-good. I uh, I brought Sammy and some f-food I made." You awkwardly said, placing Sammy down and taking out the container of food you brought from home. You placed it on his tray table and sat down on the chair by his bed. Sammy sat on your lap while he was playing with a toy you let him bring.

"So tell me about school." Your dad asked. You smiled softly at his way to make conversation. It wasn't just medical bills and shit all at once. He wanted to take his time to let you know that he cared about you and your life.

"I've been doing really well. I made a lot of new friends at the new school I'm attending." You smiled and watched Sammy play with his toy.

"Do you have a boyfriend by any chance?" Your father smiled cheekily. Your face blushed and you laughed awkwardly, seeing how Sammy looked up to your dad.

"Yeah she does! I talked with him yesterday!" Sammy said. Your face flushed even more and your heartbeat sped up. You probably shouldn't have let Sammy FaceTime Chenle yesterday if he was gonna expose you like that. You didn't know how your dad would take the news about you having a boyfriend.

"Oh? And what's his name, Sammy?" He asked your brother. He beamed a smile and looked up at you.

"C-Chenle!" He beamed. "Show Dad." He said, tugging on your sleeve.

"Okay, okay. Show him then." You say to him, handing him a polaroid picture of you and him from your phone case.

"Look this is him!" He showed your dad the picture as he took a closer look at it.