VIII

Then while the girls from the other team were entering, one caught Amber's eye. She was a tall blonde girl and looked like one of those basic white chicks. She batted her eyelashes way too much for a human and smiled a sickeningly sweet smile.

He waved at the people in the bleachers and especially this one guy.

"Key~" She waves like crazy to him. "Sweetie! You came!" She shouts.

I'm sorry what?

Amber was shook at how this girl could call Key her "sweetie". Thoughts ran through her head and she hated to think that maybe, just maybe they were dating.

Hating to think about it, she shook her head and returned her attention to the girls that arrived.

She could confuse them with the cheerleaders honestly as their basketball shorts were pretty short. She thought it was weird.

Glancing up at the crowd, she saw a frown on Henry's face and a scowl on the rest of the boy's basketball team's faces. Chuckling silently, she turns back to face their opponents as they were explaining to the ref what had happened.

"I'm so sorry, we just came back from a meeting we had with one of the other schools and our bus got delayed and it was just a whole mess." She explained, manipulating the ref to feel pity for her. He sighs and gives her a nod.

"I'll spare an extra 10 minutes for you guys. But that is it." He sternly says. The blonde girl smiles and winks at the ref while bowing, thanking him.

"What a kiss-ass." Scoffs one of the girls next to Amber.

"Got that right." Amber says back to her glancing at Key once more and sighing when she sees him smiling at the girl.

Soon enough, the opposing team's extra ten minutes was up and the real game was about to start.

Realizing that the game was starting, the crowd started to cheer. Amber was full of anxiety and her mind was clouded. She couldn't focus on anything. Her teammate saw this and patted her on the back as she moved over to her position, the whistle blowing.

The first half of everything went on like your average old basketball game. Interesting enough, at the end of the first half, it was a tie.

"You good Amber?" The team captain asks her.

"Huh? Oh yeah I'm fine." She smiles slightly. And looks back to the court where the cheer leaders were doing some type of show.

She was uneasy. She felt bad. Her eyes were slightly blacking out and patches of light were blinding her. Feeling her world go around her, she closed her eyes and opened them again. Steadying her breathing, she tries to focus.

C'mon Amber. Focus on the ball right in front of you.

The whistle's sound pierces through the air, signaling the start of the second half of the game.

Getting up from the bleachers, a hand blocks her. Looking to the owner of the hand, it's her team captain.

"Hey. I think you should sit out for a bit." She speaks.