XXVI

"It's alright." He chuckled and looked at your sheepish smile. Your cheeks earned a reddish tint from embarrassment. He thought it was cute how you looked when you got all shy and timid.

"But what time are tryouts?" You asked him.

"In like half an hour." He said as he checked his apple watch. "I would head on over early so that I could warm up a little, if I were you."

"Yeah but I'll be bored." You sighed.

"No you won't. There's a new coach so even the girls on the team have to try out again."

"Ah..." You nodded and looked at the exit. "I guess I'll get going then. Tell Ten where to look for me. Or any one of the guys. I just need a ride in general." You smiled as you exited the gym doors.

Chenle smiled to himself even after you left.

He gazed back at the empty gym room, waiting for the guys to finish up whatever they were doing in the locker rooms.

He could still hear your giggles as they rang in his head.

"Ah! I'm so fucking stupid." He ruffled his own hair and hid his face in his lap. He leaned his forehead on his knees, thinking about you and wishing you well.

Is it weird that I miss her already?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"(Y/N)?" Somebody called out to you as you entered the gym doors.

After closing the doors, you turn your head around, looking for the source of the voice.

"Minji!" You smiled. The girl smiled and pointed to you to all the other girls.

"Woah (Y/N)! I didn't expect to see you here." A girl said as she smiled at you.

"What can I say? I love basketball too much." You shrugged while walking over to them, tossing your bag onto the bleachers where all of their bags were.

"Are those your gym clothes?" Minji points to you and you shake your head sheepishly.

"Nah, I had to borrow one of my friends' shirt and I just wore the sport shorts my friend had. I totally forgot try-outs were today." You chuckled nervously as you remembered having to beg Joe to lend you his white t-shirt and Iris her sport shorts.

"Idiot." She rolls her eyes and you frown.

"Meanie." You frowned. "Oh! Iris is in the locker room changing."

"She's trying out too?" Her eyes widen as you stretch on the floor.

"Yeah. She just had to grab her other shorts at her locker." You said, remembering how she smacked the back of your head and scolded you. You smiled a little while scoffing at how she acted just like your mom.

"Oh! There she is!" Minji points to Iris as she comes in with a bright smile.

"I'm fashionably late?" She chuckles at her lame excuse and you do too.