Chapter 15.

I try to search for him after coming out of the library but he went missing in the crowds. How can he disappear this fast?

Search Kat. Search. He must be somewhere here. I walk straight down the hallways and there I spot a guy, wearing a black leather jacket walking as fast as he could. Only one guy who wears that in this school and it's Shawn. Finally, I found him.

I can't walk fast like him so I started to run so that I won't miss him again. I need to talk with him before he meets his friends because there's no way I'm going to speak to him in front of his friends and get myself insulted by him.

"Excuse me!"

"Hey!"

"Stop!"

I shout while chasing Shawn who doesn't seem to hear me even a bit and keep walking like a vampire.

"Shawn!" I let out a final shout as I'm nearing him and he finally stops at his track and turn to face me. Finally.

He stands at his place there and looks at me, taking his time, while I'm panting and wiping the sweat off my face. I can't believe that he made me chase him!

Jerky Shawn.

He turns his back to me and started to walk away when I don't say anything.

"Wait! Let me catch my breath first, "I stopped him, grabbing his hand and holding it, keeping him from moving.

A sudden spark with electricity went through my body as our skin collided. I have never felt anything like this before in my life. I feel warm, peaceful and secure by holding his hand.

At the same time, I could feel Shawn is staring down at me and I'm having butterflies in my stomach now. Taking a deep breath, I forced myself to meet his gaze. The moment our eyes met, he looks away quickly. That's when the realization hits me hard. I am holding Shawn Harrison's hand.

I immediately let go of his hand and mentally slapped myself for pulling out such a stupid act.

"Sorry. Look, I'm not here to talk about us. Whatever it was. It's a history now," I say while he scoffs and leans against the corridor's wall with his arms crossed over his chest.

"It's about the assignment. I want us to start it today itself after school. Can we?" I ask him but he remained silent and gave no reply.

Please don't try to test the level of my patience, Shawn.

"Can I get an answer, please?" I ask him again and he just filled me with silence.

That's it! I can't be any more patient than this.

"Is your mouth filled with dumplings until you can't even say a yes or no? Or is your brain filled with egoism?" I ask and he frowns at me, clearly annoyed with my talks.

"What? I'm not sorry about that. For god sake, say something!" I yell at him demanding an answer.

"Okay," he says after a few seconds and I am relieved with his answer. This is the first time he is talking to me after five years.

"Okay, what?"

"We'll start the assignment later after school," he rolls his eyes at me, "Place?"

"Your hou-" I say but he cut me off.

"No. Not my house. Yours."

"Why not? And I can't do it in my place as well."

"You're not coming to my house. It's either at your place or somewhere else or you do it on your own."