Chapter 112: Smells Like Revenge [Part 3]

Start from the beginning

When Steve finished his logic on how it worked, he turned to Scott and made him put it on even though it was clear that Scott had no wish to do so. As soon as it was on, Steve started to scavenge around the facility grounds until his eyes locked onto a good enough target for practice when his eyes landed on the facility's nurse, Mrs. Jones as she was speaking with one of the parole officers towards the front of the building.

Looking at Roxanne smugly as she caught on and as though he was silently asking her if she was ready, she nodded.

Steve chuckled and then turn his attention to Scott and said in a humored tone, "Hey Scotty, why don't you go lay some sweet sugar on Mrs. Jones?"

Pulling Scott up by the collar, Steve seemed to added something else and judging from the reaction on Scott's face, he wasn't too pleased about it.

Against his will, Roxanne could tell that Scott didn't want to, but she knew that Scott was aware that if he didn't follow the order that he would suffer immensely for it if he chose to ignore it. With a long winded sigh, Scott approached the older woman by tapping her on the shoulder. The moment she turned around to see who it was, Scott immediately took her by surprised by dipping her and planted a fast kiss on her. Faster than you thought any elderly woman was capable of, Nurse Jones sprung up to her feet and slapped Scott so hard that Roxanne was more than certain that the redneck was more than likely seeing stars by now. As deafening as that hit was, she nor Steve could help but smirk as the elderly nurse drug him off by the ear. And from the sound of it- she meant to take him to the main office to Chris for further correction while Steve could not help but to notice that Roxanne is indeed intrigued. Unfortunately for Mrs. Jones, Scott had twisted his way out of her grasp and made a break for it, just barely getting passed the parole and slipping back towards them panting from the quick run.

"Take it off! They're onto me man!" Scott demanded as he warily continued to look over his shoulder as the officers speedily ran in their direction.

Under normal circumstances, Steve would have been peeved by such insolence demands and by a small percentage degree he was though for the time being, he let it slide. Also seeing as the parole officers were on hot pursuit on Scott's tail for his unruly behavior just moments ago, Steve still needed the said-device, so he quickly pulled Scott off to the side and removed it just in time to see Scott rush off again to be chased.

After seeing the so-called demonstration, Roxanne started to see what Steve was getting at with this as she watched him saunter on back towards her.

In a matter of seconds, Steve was back with a satisfied smirk as he popped the next set of questions, "So what do you think? Do we have a deal?"

Roxanne looks him over out of hesitation.

"I do want my revenge, but if this were to go wrong..." Roxanne trailed off with worried thoughts.

Judging from her body language, Steve could tell that she was having second thoughts and he couldn't have that. Not when he's got this far.

Leaning in closer, but not enough to scare her off (because he knew deep down even though she plays it off pretty well- that she was very much still afraid of him) Steve offhandedly says in a mocking tone, "What's the matter babe? You scared? Isn't this what you wanted all along? To make Mal suffer the same way he's made you suffer in the past? You know if you wanna chicken out of this, than that's fine, but just remember one thing: I can't be the one to do it. You have to because you are the only one here that can get close enough to pull it off without arousing his suspicion, and you're the only one he truly trusts. So therefore it has to be you and no one else. If you decline...then I guess you'll just have to accept being his sex slave for the rest of your life. (pauses as though thinking about it) And that's a long time."

Roxanne rolls her eyes and impatiently snaps, "Fine, I get it!"

Unable to stop her eyes from flashing with vengeance at the thought of being Mal's slave forever, Roxanne thrusts out her hand and says in a cold tone (though not directed at him), "Give it to me now!"

Chuckling at the immense-darkening look in her eyes, Steve hands it over with a smirks and says, "I thought you'd say that. And here (hand her another 'questionable item' and winks) thought you'd like this too."

Roxanne gives him a funny look at first, but then she sees where he's going with it, and snorts, "You're funny Steve, but that'll do."

Steve chuckles and adds, "Good, now that- that has been settled. (lewdly looks down at her) How about we seal this deal with a kiss?"

Roxanne leans in and gives him a grossed out and not so amused look, "I don't think so. Don't push your luck pal. (presses him back with one hand slowly and plants her hands over her hips) And trust me, you're no casa-nova. Just feel honored that I would form a temporary alliance with someone as low and creepy as you are."

Not expecting that type of respond from her even though he should have know better, Steve smirks, "Whatever you say toots. (takes one last brief glance at the items before meeting her eyes again) Enjoy your new toys."

With that Steve waved and started to saunter off like he was some kind of a stud or liked to think he was one, though not before seeing the cocked-eyed look she gave him before he did which made him smirk even more.

"I'll get a kiss from her yet. That you can count on." Steve thinks arrogantly to himself.

With that out of the way, Steve could not help but laugh to himself as he looked forward to the hell Roxanne was sure to give Mal soon enough.

Roxanne watched him walk away for a moment.

"Idiot. I suppose there's one in every crowd." Roxanne thought with the shake of her head.

Suddenly an idea popped into her head as she remembered the pillowcase she was lugging around full of Mal's unmentionables and...

With a wicked grin forming on her lips, Roxanne calls out to Steve, and in seconds he stops as he gives her an amused and curious look over his shoulder.

"Hey you smoke?" She shouted back.

Turning fully back around, Steve walks back over in a matter of seconds and replies with piqued interest, "Yeah, you need one doll?"

Scrunching up her face with distaste Roxanne shakes her head and remarks, "No, but since you do I thought you'd be interested in these. (pulls out several cartons of cigarettes from the pillowcase) Call it my way of say thanks for this." (dangles the collar around her finger tips)

"I guess I don't need to ask 'whose' they formerly belong to." He said with a laugh while accepting them.

From the look Roxanne gave him, Steve was more than a little convince that she was doing more than merely 'hanging out his dirty underwear to dry' if she was brave enough to raid his stash of smokes.

"She's got more guts than I thought. No wonder why Mal is taken with this crazy bitch!" Steve humored himself with a short snorted laugh.

Roxanne couldn't stop from smirking herself, because as amusing as it would be for Mal to walk into his cell and find his toilet overfilled with his beloved cigarettes- flushing them just won't be as satisfying in her eyes as if and when he finds out about her giving them over to Steve instead. She knew he'd be pissed, but nevertheless she didn't care. If anything, she was trying to piss him off. She wanted him to get mad, so he could be the one in a rotten mood for a change.

"No, I think you're smart enough to figure that out on your own." Roxanne said starting to lose interest.

Steve noticed as he took the cartons under his arm and waved with his free hand as he back off says, "I see. Thanks, catch you later babe."

"I don't think so." Roxanne deadpanned in a flat voice as she watched him back off and leave.

She turned back around and in a short few minutes- she finished putting the finishing touches on the flagpole. In seconds ever possible pair of underwear that Mal ever owned was now flapping in the breeze high above the building. Roxanne stood back and admired her handy worked and smirked deviously.

It wasn't even a full minute when suddenly the intercom blared loudly with Chris' annoying voice.

"Roxanne Davison, report to my office immediately!"