Chapter 10: Blackmail

Roxanne's Pov:

Chef dismissed class some thirty minutes after another guy left. I think Duncan said his name was Elliot, he claimed he wasn't feeling well, so everyone piled out of the classroom shortly after, and I lagged behind not really caring too much though. I wasn't sure where to go from that point since I was still technically new. Even though Mal had already made his grand escape, I wasn't too worried about it at the moment.

Well, my first class was rather interesting as side from Mal's random outburst, and nearly shoving me into the guy sitting next to him/his lap. Believe it or not, I met a few friends which for me is extremely rare considering my oddly enough personality. Duncan and his guys are not half bad. I might consider hanging with them later, so I don't have to deal Mal's attitude. The guy is not too bad, but he's...he's..well, hell, I don't know how to explain it. He's just kinda...pushy, and he has a temper. There, I said it, and then I left out a sigh.

While was lost in thought, I passed several crowds of guys in between classes. Some of them had different unnatural hair colors that were similar to Duncan's and his friends, but most of them looked like wanna-be thugs and the such. None of it really bothered me though, I wasn't the type that was scared very easily, and I never let them know if I am afraid, because guys like that feed off of it.

Funny enough though, the rest of the day went by rather fast with Duncan and his gang to hang out with. We laughed and cut up, and shared our history of pranks and the stuff. Lunch was rather bland. The food looked as bad as the food they served on Total Drama shows did. I really didn't eat much, and if you took one look at it you wouldn't feel too much like eating either. I think my spaghetti was breathing...Seriously. I think it was...

Mal's Pov:

I am not the type of guy that is used to being shamed in front of others. So today out of the seventeen years of my chaotic-causing lifestyle, I felt many things for the first time and a lot of those feelings...I wasn't too happy with. Rage. Indifference. I was okay with. Even annoyance. Embarrassment though. Not so much. It didn't sit with me very well, to say the least, which only darkened my mood further.

Worst of all, I had done everything in my power to forget those memories of Mike, and his other four peons for personalities. I was glad that I was free of them, but at the same time, I wanted no one to know about my connection with those fools. I had a reputation to uphold here, and I sure as hell am not going to lose it. Not to anything. Or anyone.

As these thoughts consumed my mind, I continued to lift weights to relieve some of my stress from this cursed day of mine. The barbell was one of my favorites, so I went with it for a time. I was sweating so much, I took a break for a few minutes to catch my breath. Laying there on the bench, I had chosen the gym because I knew at this time of day, not anyone would be here to piss me off further. Not that I wouldn't mind pounding someone's face in the ground, but for the moment I needed this peace to myself. I just wasn't in the mood.

"Hey, Mal!.."

Hearing the sound of my name being said out loud kind of set me off, so I sprung up, and low and behold there should the dweeb, Elliot, but I noticed he was holding something in his left hand.

"What'da want peon?...Can't you see I'm busy here?!" I said as I was starting to get annoyed with this one.

He smirked nervously at me as he continued to stare on at me as he waved his papers at me, and then said all-matter-a-factly,"The gig is up, Mal. I'm not your slave or peon anymore."

"Oh, really?!..Who says?!" I ask as I cocked an eyebrow.

"I do!" He says.

"You do," I reply.