Chapter 56: Roxanne and the Rebels

Bailey's Pov:

I nearly did a double take as I snorted and laughed out loud as both Duncan and I watched Roxanne practically dive onto one of her friends who was a blonde girl with shoulder length hair that must have been ahead or two taller than both Roxanne and me. She smiled as they separated from each other as three other girls jumped in for a group hug and laughed. Everyone started talked all at once with animated excitement as they waved and presented what looked like instrument cases, but before Roxanne turned back around, Duncan pulled me to the side real fast.

He leaned down and whispered in my ear after making sure no one else was looking and said, "Hey...I think it was would be for the best if I introduced you to Roxanne later. It's too dangerous to reveal who you are out in the open like this. Too many eyes and ears. Maybe we could get her alone before Mal gets here and find a safe place to chill and talk."

I nodded my head in agreement, I saw his point and then realized that I would have to contain my urges to show any kind of closeness or affection towards him in the public eye of the other guys here without arising suspicion and being found out. That's all Chris McLean would love is for me to be busted because my week is up. Just as Roxanne and her friends turned towards us, one of the doors to the front entrance opened and in walked Mike and Zoey. Zoey's eyes landed on me and she gave me an odd look and then I realized that she recognized me right on the spot. Before she could ask, Duncan quickly walked up to her and Mike as he whispered what I assumed was my situation here because as Duncan pulled away, she and Mike both nodded their heads and winked at me.

Somehow that had worried me, because if McLean and Zoey could spot me right on the dot, then it was only a matter of time before Mal looked upon me and knew who I was hiding underneath boy clothes. I chewed on my bottom lip and started to worry about the mess I may have just landed myself in. My thoughts and everyone else's was soon interrupted as Mike suddenly spoke with urgency in his voice.

"Hey guys, I don't mean to break up the party, but I just saw Mal's ride pull up...so if we're gonna do this thing we better hurry!" Mike said nervously as he looked back out the front doors that were made out of glass.

"Do what thing?" Both Duncan and I asked out of confusion as I look at Roxanne and her crew for answers.

"No time to explain! Just follow me before Mal gets in here and tries to stop our fun." Roxanne said with a look set with determination on her face as she grabs one of the cases and indicates with the nod of her head for us to follow.

Roxanne and her group of friends took the lead as they stormed down the hallway like some badass chicks from one of those high school drama shows, it was a pretty exhilarating feeling as we passed by and heads turned as large groups of guys moved to the side to make room for us all to pass through. Most of them were gapping and other were catcalling, but Roxanne and her girls never stopped nor gave a second glance or even seemed unperturbed in the least bit by the creeps as we made our way to what looked like the mess hall. As soon as we entered inside, there wasn't as many guys or creeps in the mess hall, so Duncan deemed it safe enough for me to reveal my identity to Roxanne.

"Okay," Roxanne puts her hands up to slow us all down and she excitedly said, "Before we go any further and before this gets any more awkward since no one's been properly introduced here. I'd liked you all you guys to meet my friends."

One at a time each girl introduced herself to us and we all shook hands and likewise did the same in return except for me. I stood close to Duncan as I patiently waited my turn when everyone was done. The first to go up was the blonde girl who was called Cinnamon, she dressed pretty normal and seemed like a down-to-Earth kind of girl compared to some of the others in just a shirt and pair of jeans, she wasn't super thin nor very big either. The next girl was very tall and had curves in all the right places for her age with black hair that faded into blonde-reddish curls that fell to the middle of her back, she dressed like a rocker as Roxanne told us that her name was Pistol and it wasn't hard to see why she was called that. She was pretty spunky, but cool when it came down to it. Then there was this tiny petite girl that I swore was the same height as me with long black hair that had a blue tint to it that was dressed in a black and white lolita dress who appeared kind of shy as she waved and said her name was Pris. She kind of reminded me of Dawn when I thought about it. The remaining girl just smiled and said her name was Sissy, she had a country air about her as she dressed similar to Cinnamon but was a heavier set gal with light-brown hair pulled back into a fishtail braid that rested on her right shoulder. Regardless they all seemed pretty friendly and excited to see Roxanne and meet us as Roxanne turned back around to Duncan and me as soon as the over excitement between everyone started to die down some.