Chapter 30: In Denial

Roxanne's Pov:

I was having a good dream, everything felt really nice like I was on cloud nine, and I don't know why I suddenly woke up. I was vaguely conscious when I snuggled further into my covers, that's when I started realizing that something was off. I feel like I was cuddling up to a large stuffed-animal like I was hugging it in my sleep, but I knew this could not be because whatever it was, it gave off body heat. It felt nice though, at least until I became aware that whatever my leg was draped over, a hand was resting on it. At that moment, I knew something was very wrong here as my eyes shot open wide and see Mal's sleeping face right next to mine. I let out a short scream as I shoved him out of the bed as I lay there panting for a minute because of the scare it gave me. I could hear Mal scrambling to get up as I crawled over to where he fell, I look down and see him in a sitting position staring angrily back up at me.

"What the hell was that for?!" He demanded as he got up to his feet and glared down at me.

"What the hell were you doing in my bed?!" I barked back as I sat up as my eyes locked onto his mixed with fear and anger.

He looked at me with confusion for a minute and then said, "What do you mean "what the hell you doing in my bed?"...You're the one that wanted me to, remember?" He said annoyed as he sat down on the bed and started looking me over like I was the one that was crazy.

"No, I didn't! Why would I even say that?!" I said with disbelief as I stared at him wondering just what the hell he was up to.

"Are you telling me you don't remember what you did last night?!" He said with a surprised look on his face as he cocked an eyebrow at me.

I felt myself starting to get pale and really nervous as he continued to look at me like he was seeing me for the first time.

"I don't know what you're talking about, all I did was sleep last night. You're the one that has explaining to do, I don't know what you're up to Mal, but I don't like it. Not one bit." I said with as much bravo as I could muster while Mal continues to look at me with curiosity.

He didn't say anything as he studied me for a moment like he couldn't decide whether to believe me or not.

Then he laughed and said, "You really don't remember, do you?...This is rich. I'm gonna enjoy dishing it out for you later, Red."

"What are you talking about?...Why can't you tell me now?" I asked nervously as I could feel more nerves on edge.

"Because Roxanne, one: the old bat is here, two: you not knowing is all the more fun for me, and three: I don't feel like telling you right now, but when I do consider is a treat on me." He said with an evil smirk as he turns to meet Mrs. Jones at the door.

Before he did, he stopped as he whispered in my ear, "The longer you have to wait, the more it will eat you alive. That's why I'm not telling you now, babe."

Then what he did next threw me off my game completely, he grabbed my chin and kissed my cheek very roughly. I immediately jerked back out of reflex and stared back at him in shock as he smugly strolled up the door waiting for Mrs. Jones to unlock it.

I growled at him as I felt my face turn bright red, I then decided I wasn't ready to face the day, so I just wrapped myself back up in my covers as I laid back down and pretended I was sleep. Pretending to be anywhere else, but here. As I was lying there underneath the covers, I could hear Mal explaining to Mrs. Jones what happened, but I didn't hear any of it because I was still dumbfounded by Mal's sudden show of affection. I knew it had to mean nothing, it was Mal, but I still couldn't get passed it as I touch my cheek where his lips were just moments ago. What the hell has gotten into him?...He's messing with me...That's got to be it...He's trying to get in my head and screw with me... Clenching my fist to my chest as I frown and think to myself...Well, I won't let him have that power over me!...That jerk!