Chapter 90: Taking Care of his Princess

Mal's Pov:

Now that I knew why Roxanne is terrified of me and looks at me the way she does, I only felt more frustrated and pissed off before. I had a hunch from the very beginning that Steve was involved in all of this; the smug looks and the annoying jeers that he's been giving me for the last few days should have been more than enough clues I needed to tell that he was in on it. The question now was just how much of the videos did he force her to watch?

The one concerning doll face in the spa hotel where I finished what I had started with her was more than enough leverage Steve would have needed to upset Roxanne and if I had to venture further in thought...drive a wedge between us so that she would no longer trust me. It was bad enough several nights ago I punished her out of jealousy (which I could never admit to her) for the kiss she shared with Elliot, but this little number that Steve pulled has only sealed my fate. That bastard knew what he was doing and I had an uneasy feeling that he's figured out my feelings for Roxanne and if he has, that would explain why he's been targeting her so much recently. He's getting me where it hurts the most and it's through Roxanne. By destroying what little peace there is between us and making Roxanne see the side of me that I've really only exposed to Bailey and Zoey.

Yes, in the beginning I did prey upon her when I first made her my slave girl with intentions of making her mine and soon, but the more I tried the more I seemed to hurt her and I started to realize through everything I've done to her, I didn't enjoy her pain or suffering. As a matter of fact, it started to bother me. And somehow she found a way to wind her lovely little fingers around my black and twisted little heart; to make matters worse she hasn't let go of me since. It was maddening this feeling of addicted desire I had for her, I felt like I was drowning in it and yet it wasn't safe for me to expose those feelings of mine to her; at least not here where peons like Steve would jump at the chance to find my one and only true weakness and use it against me.

I knew if word got out that if anyone thought that I, The Malevolent One was capable of love that they would see me as a pushover and try to take me on by challenging my authority here and if my boys turned against me because of my feelings for Roxanne than I would be in big trouble. There was no way I could fend off the entire juvie facility filled with guys like Steve in it and keep Roxanne safe from harm at the same time, it was impossible and foolish to think that I could; even more foolish so to let myself indulge in such fantasies in the first place.

I decided that then and there that I would find that bastard later and take care of him personally myself, but for now I needed to check up on the two I had left with Roxanne and make sure Duncan has done as I asked.

As I was putting the tapes from my personal records back, I called out to Pete over my shoulder without looking up, I tensely commented, "We'll deal with Steve later. For now I'll need to setup a regular watch for Roxanne."

I continued speaking to my underling while closing the filing cabinet drawer and pivoted around towards him as I turned my head in his direction with both hands clasped together and added, "I can not allow her to wander off on her own anymore. It's too dangerous...especially not in the state she is in now."

I narrowed my eyes to angry, black slits with irritability at the mere thought of someone or anyone coming near her as I concluded, "She would be easy prey."

Pete nodded his head in agreement and quietly asked, "I see, what would you have me do then boss?"

I thought about it for a moment and then said in a monotone voice, "For now...nothing. I'll keep watch over her. If need be, I'll lock her in her room."

He gave me look and asked, "If you do that, won't McLean and Chef take notice?"

"You heard the old fossil," I said in the same tone of voice as we both headed out of Chris's office and closed the door as I continued on, "She wants Roxanne on bed rest. Chris and Chef will just have to suck it."