Chapter 39: From a Slave to a Bride

Steve's Pov:

The first thing I became aware of was the intense throbbing in my head and my cellmates looking at me for a moment while I got up, but then they turned their attention back to what I just now realized was screaming. It was extremely loud and high pitch. I wasn't sure what Mal was up to, but if it was making his chick scream like that I knew it couldn't be good. The more it went on, the more my head kept pounding, it was starting to irritate me, if my cell door wasn't locked and all my tools I normally use to open it weren't confiscated by one of the parole officers, I'd go give Mal a "friendly hello" and silence his screaming banshee myself.

I turned my attention back to my cellmates and I walked over towards them so they could hear me better over the screaming as I asked one of them raising my voice, "How long was I out?"

He glances up when he saw me approaching and pulled his hands from his ears and said, "What?!"

I repeated my question louder this time and he said about half an hour.

So Mal must have gone easy on me this time, or just wasn't in the mood to play with me today...He seems real possessive of the new girl, Roxanne, but why?...He's never struck me as a lady's man, so I find it odd that he's so interested in her...But then I've heard rumors he likes to keep girls as sex-slaves from the previous juvie he's been in which is probably why they sent him here to put an end to it, that and he's pretty psycho...likes to maim others for his own amusement...

Maybe he's passed the "sex-slave phase" and now is torturing her himself for his own personal amusement...Damn, that bastard is twisted...

By now I realized the loud wailing had finally ended, and everyone seemed relieved that their ears could catch a break from it, I surveyed the halls as I started to notice a good number of chumps watching something headed down my end of the hallway again, but they didn't stop as the passed by. It was Mal. He was carrying his chick bride-style and she was out cold from the looks of it, and didn't look so good either from what fleeting glance I caught of her as they went by, but mine and Mal's eyes did meet briefly, and his cold eyes said it all: she's mine.

It was then I think finally understood what he meant that other night when we fought in the main hall...

She was much more than a sex-slave to him I think than he realizes, she was something new he never before encountered...something only fools take interest in...

He was dangerously drawn to her like a moth was drawn to a flame...

What Mal didn't realize was the closer he kept her, the more it peeked my interest...

Mal's Pov:

Apparently, my first attempt to propose to Red was too much for her poor little mind to take in, because as soon as I informed her of our engagement I could tell her little mind was swimming round and round as she began paling at my rush of words that I whispered in her ear.

I knew she hated me...She told me it almost every day now...But I didn't mind and yet I was curious to see her reaction if I told her she was to be mine forever...And legally at that...

That's where I went wrong with my first little slave-girl, but not this time...

I chuckled at this thought as I smiled smugly down at her.

"How's it feel to become Mrs. Mal?" I asked with excitement pouring from my lips and beaming from eyes as I watch her eyes widen in fear as she looks up at me in absolute horror with no words coming from her trembling lips.