Chapter 99: No One Likes a Villain

Roxanne's Pov:

Ever since that moment in the gym where mine and Mal's lips almost locked, I could not stop blushing and nor could I even look Mal or anyone for that matter in the eye because of it. On top of that, my heart wouldn't give it a rest either. Of course, it would probably kill me if it did, but that's not what I mean. Mentally I sigh out loud of slight frustration at my inner battle of nonsense with myself. I felt so overly self conscious about it and the fact that we almost did that even though he's kissed me before in the past, but somehow that kiss and the look he was giving me then was different. To make things even worse, Duncan and Bailey both saw it! Well...almost saw us doing just that.

I'm not even sure I could face them after that. Duncan probably thinks I nuts by now, and Bailey on the other hand is probably a little more than convinced that I'm now hooked onto Mal! This situation is only getting worse each day, and I feel like I'm falling into a trap I can't get myself out of thanks to it.

Standing here right now as Mal is boring over me and waiting for my response, I honestly don't want to give him that satisfaction of defeat by kissing him even if I do liking doing just that...kissing him. I continued to look nervously up at him with no real answer to give him while he leers down at me with a smug grin just hinting onto his lips, and all I can think is...what am I supposed to do now?

I could tell by the way his body was tensing up that he was beginning to lose his patience and if that didn't give it away then the tone in his voice now was more than enough as he spoke.

"Well?" He inquired folding his arms almost defensively over his chest as he continued to await my reply.

I nearly choked on my words, but made myself say it.

"I'm not doing it." I said stubbornly while trying to weld more strength into my voice as I finally dared to look him in the eye even though I still could not stop the heat rushing to my head.

"So you're accepting defeat by saying you refuse to do it?" He asked as his smirk only widened.

"What is that suppose mean?," I said with irritation creeping into my voice for the first time since my confrontation with Scott from earlier and added with my mood only growing more irritably by the second, "You heard me Mal, I said "I'm not doing it", so screw you!"

Mal chuckled with amusement at my sudden outburst and with mirth in his tone he said, "It means you know I'm right and you just don't want to admit it!"

I gasped out loud, but clearly out of shock and exasperation as he only seem to find my reactions further entertaining for him as he continued on as though he was uninterrupted. He grabbed me by my waist and pulled me towards him without any warning as I tried to protest and shove him off, but he held me firmly in place with little effort.

With lust clearly seen in his eyes and in that taunting and deep voice of his, he continued on, "You know you like me and you know you wanted that kiss tonight just as much as I wanted it, so why deny it? Why fight this? Why not just give into it and be mine? You want me and you know it, now stop fighting it and kiss me."

As soon as he said that, he leaned in to do just that, but I shrieked no out in protest again while failing at pushing him off of me as he still tried to pull me even closer towards him still. I could tell that my defiance was starting to get to him when I began to notice that his dark eyes flashes with intense vexation from my resistance. Just when I thought he was about to get anger, he suddenly smirked down at me which confused me and was more than enough time for him to take advantage of my brief moment of hesitation in my muddled state of mind. His lips were just inches from mine and even though my hands were on his chest and pressing hard to shove him back; it did nothing. His strength was greater than mine and it would only be a matter of seconds before he got his desired kiss from me whether I wanted it or not.