Chapter 84: Where'd She Go?

Roxanne's Pov:

With Steve's head henchman, David leading the way and me being practically dragged by two other creeps that had me hoisted up by my upper arms back inside the facility as I continue to struggle in vain, even though I hated to admit it I had hoped that Mal or one of his cronies would be close by and would notice so they could stop them from taking me any further, but luck was not with me today. The entrance hall was bare and deserted; no one was around to notice them kidnapping me, let alone put a stop to it aside from some of Steve's other goons casually standing around and talking among themselves as they watched us while the ones that had their hands on me pulled me further on down the hallway. I could not believe there was no one around aside from Steve's goons in the front main hall. Maybe that was it, they were watching to make sure no one noticed.

Where was everybody?This was a nightmare, right? A really bad dream that I was going to wake up soon from, right? Any minute...NOW!

I felt like screaming, but seeing as there was no one nearby to hear it, it just seemed pointless and a waste of energy and breathe, so I just did my best to remain calm to keep a level head and hopefully find a way to stay ahead of the game. Every step they took, I could feel my heart pounding faster in my throat and my ears. Some of them were jeering and laughing among themselves while the two that had their hands on me were complaining about my fighting back and struggling to the point until it made David snap back.

David looked over his shoulder in annoyance and growled, "Shut up and deal with it! We almost there, then you can scratch your butt and pick your nose and do whatever! I don't care! Until then you're going follow the boss's orders to the latter or you can be the ones to deal with his wrath, it's your choice boys."

They froze up on David's threatening words with fear clearly visible in their eyes as they both immediately grumbled sorely in agreement while shortly after closing their mouths and zipping it up on the spot while not another word of complaint was spoken from neither one of them the rest of the way.

Just to set the record straight, fear was an understatement at this point, it was only the tip of the iceberg compared to what I was feeling right now because the feeling in my gut left me unbelievably sick beyond all words and not knowing where they were leading me was only fuel to feed the fire. Steve was a real creep, and I could tell that right from the get go, so whatever he wanted with me could not be anything, but bad if not worse and it did not help the situation at all when I recalled all the things Mal has told me in the past about him and his perverse history with girls too.

I swear if he touches me...or even thinks about it, I'll...

At that moment just as that thought popped into my head, they all stopped and halted in front of Chris's door to his main office as David knocked and waited for what I assumed was a reply which soon came from that very voice that creeped me out and haunted one of my worst dreams yet.

"Come in." Steve drawled from beyond the other side of the room where I could not quite see him as one of his other henchmen opened the door for us and allowed us to enter.

All through my mind I was wondering the entire time was...Where was Chris or even Chef?...This was Chris's office, shouldn't he be close by monitoring it or something?

I knew he was completely useless, but this was ridiculous. Some head of a juvenile delinquent center he was if he can't even run it properly. No wonder why lunatics like Mal and Steve could run so freely without the proper supervision that this place so desperately needed, Chris was not adequate for a job or a place like this because he more or less was like a large child himself. I groan inwardly at the thought as I was being forcefully shoved inside to enter with the rest of Steve and his creeps.