Chapter 7: Wake Up

Meanwhile about half an hour earlier in the nurse's office...

Chris and Chef stared down at the patient. Chef just standing there with a filed report loosely dangling out of his right hand. Chris sees it.

"Give me that, Chef," Chris demands, as he snatches from Chef.

Chef just shrugs, and says, "Whatever."

Chris peels open the contents of the file, and briefly looks through it. "Soooooo..." Chris says nonchalantly. "Steve Miller... A severe neck strain, huh?"

Glancing up from the paperwork which he tucked back in the folder, and flings at Chef, (which misses him completely), Chris looks towards to Mrs. Jones the nurse, and asks, " How long is he gonna be out?"

The nurse looks up from her paperwork at her desk, and replies dryly, "That depends on the amount of rest he receives. If he moves around too soon, he could further irritate his current injury, headmaster."

"So he hasn't woken up yet then?" Chris says drawls without blinking.

"No sir, he hasn't." Mrs. Jones says, without looking up from her paperwork this time.

"What do you mean he has wakened up yet?!" Chris groans with frustration. Folding his arms across his chest, he stands there with a scowl on his face as he continues,"If he doesn't wake up, and the Total Drama lawyers found out about this, I'm gonna lose this gig as well! Wake him up already, and send him back to his class!"

The elderly nurse gave Chris a very stern look with one eyebrow raised and said, "You know very well that I can't send an unconscious patient back to class! Look at him!"

"I did, and that's why I said to wake him!" He argued. Throwing his arms up in the air with an overdramatic display of annoyance.

"Hey, Chris!" Chef says, trying to get a hold of the headmaster's attention as Chris continues to rant on. "Chris. Chris. Chris...CHRIS!"

"WHAT?!...What, Chef?!..What is it?!...What could be so important that you-" Chris bellows, breathing heavily with his fists raised in frustration at Chef as he was cut off with Chef's blank stare.

Chef points and Chris follows his finger as it lands on the patient at hand.

With that, a dumbfounded Chris says, "Ohhhhhh..."

Chris begins to sag like a hot-balloon with its air being let out.

Steve's Pov:

Slowly like out of a strange dream I heard voices in the dark. Some were loud. Some were low. But one was so loud it made me jump straight up like a bolt of lightning from where I lay. I blinked several times to take in my surroundings. I was in a small bed, and from the looks of the tiny room I was in, it seemed to be the nurse's office. I cringed when I became aware of the pain that shot down from my neck to my spine. It was then when I realized I was wearing a cast around my neck. Before I could even begin to wonder why I was here, I was being attacked by the headmaster, Chris McLean.

"Heeeey, buddy!" Chris said in an overly-cheery voice with his hands entwined together. "How'ya feeling today?...Nothing serious, right?!"

I was slightly scared by this sudden show of affection, and taken back. After blinking a few more times, I replied, "Y..Yeah. I think I'll be just fine, sir."

My mouth was very dry which had caused me to stutter in my response, and as if on cue the nurse came striding up with a small cup. "Here you are, dear. Have a drink. It's just water." She says as she hands it to me.

I gratefully took the water, and practically inhaled it. I was very thirsty.

"Good. Good." Chris says. As he and Chef turn around to exit the door, over his shoulder Chris calls, " Make sure he's up and running by tomorrow at the latest, Mrs. Jones."

"He's not a damned computer, Chris!" Mrs. Jones shouts back with obvious irritation at the headmaster carelessness for the current patient.

But Chris and Chef were already out the door, and even if he did hear, Chris would pretend he heard nothing.

The nurse storms off to her desk to continue her computer and paperwork.

Steve sits there with cup in hand and continues to stare at the door which Chris and Chef just exit. Then it hit him...

"That new chick..." He mentally growls. "Yeah, she's not getting away with that. I'm gonna make sure of it just as soon as I can get this stupid cast off...Then the real fun's gonna begin.." He leers darkly to himself.

On the other side of the nurse's office, in the main office...

Elliot's Pov:

Holding several sheets of paper, and trying to wait patiently, Elliot continued to make copies on the copier. Casually looking around to make sure no one was around, he thought to himself, "If this doesn't get me some leverage over Mal, I don't know what will..."

After making as many copies Elliot saw fit, he quickly left and hurried down the hall to his cell to hide his papers.

Elliot is still working on his dirt he's got on Mal, and now Steve's plotting revenge. Find out what they both have in store in the next chapter to come!