Chapter 23: Jailbreak

Mal's Pov:

As soon as we got back to our cell, we went our separate ways to shower and call it a night. I was pretty sure I knew where Roxanne was going to shower these last few nights, and I had to say I was impressed and intrigued that she thought to use the nurse's bathroom. She apparently found a way around Chris's little plan and rained on his parade, but that didn't bother me much, to tell the truth. I really didn't need to be distracted by her unveiled flesh, it would get in the way of my plan that I soon would put into action tomorrow night, and with Elliot, that little peon of mine making sure I have the coverage I need, I knew it wasn't going to fail. All in all, it was going to be a win-win situation for me. I smile devilishly to myself as I contemplate the all the different ways I was going to make her grovel at my feet. Just sitting here trying to picture the look on her face, when I finally make her bend to my will was intoxicating. It left me feeling giddy like a small child in a candy store.

Sometime later after I laid in bed staring out of my cell into the faint but, dim light I watched as the doors glide in and out of place. Chris still hasn't done anything about the cell doors' malfunctioning which has been going on for the last few nights now. My parole officer, Raph, and a few others stood guard to make sure everyone stayed in their cells as well. I couldn't help but feel that tonight was one of those nights that was gonna be off. Something chaotic was gonna happen I could feel it and I just love it when things turn into pandemonium. I grinned to myself as I lay awake enthralled by the very idea. My cell door slide opened and I snapped out of my musings as I watch Raph let Roxanne in. Without a word or even looking at me, she tosses her laundry into the laundry hamper and pulls her covers back as she crawls into her bed. I could tell she still didn't want to acknowledge my presence. The insect incident must have really pissed her off or she just didn't have the strength left to care what I thought at the moment, either way, it didn't plague me. I figured I'd get a few hours of sleep and then put what was left of my plans into motion tomorrow when the time was right.

Roxanne's Pov:

Today started out okay, but by the end of it, Mal ruined it. I was still foaming mad at what he did, and then he had the balls to threaten me about giving me some silly "punishment". He's got a lot of nerve when it comes to messing with me, I will not take that crap from him or anybody for that matter. I just let out a weary sigh as I rolled over on my side facing the wall, so I didn't have to look at that jerk anymore then I had to. I closed my eyes and did my best to let sleep take me. My nerves were rattled and shot for the day, and with the doors still acting up, it just wasn't helping at all, to be honest. On the contrary, it only made me more uneasy knowing that as many delinquents as there were on this floor, they could probably overthrow the few parole officers we did have standing guard, armed or unarmed. Trying to go to sleep was nerve-racking for me.

I don't remember falling asleep, but I think at one point, I did fall in and out of sleep; only for a short, while it seemed. Maybe an hour. Maybe two, I wasn't sure. All I knew was that I woke up with a start. Something didn't feel right at all. It was like that feeling you get when a monster was hovering over you in your bed. I slowly I turned over and looked around letting my eyes adjust to the dim light from the exit sign down the hall and the few emergency lights they leave on at night for the parole officers to keep watch. At first, I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, but then I noticed some of the delinquents were filing out of there cell doors or attempting to anyways until the parole officers apprehended them; forcing them back into their cells. Somehow it was striking fear into my being even with Raph, Mal's parole officer standing directly in front of our cell with his back to us. Something bad was gonna happen tonight and I could just tell. I could feel it too. I glance over at Mal's bed, I couldn't tell for sure, but he seemed like he was out, and like he was unaware of what was happening around us. I felt frozen with fear like the pit of my stomach had fallen out, and I didn't like this feeling at all.