"I'm Leo." I reach out to shake her hand.

She looks at me, confused. "I'm Prati. What are you doing with your hand?"

"Um, trying to shake your hand?" I respond in a way that sounded more like a question than a statement. "It's a way of saying hello."

Prati smiled and took my hand, shaking it once. "Sorry, I'm still learning Earth's customs. I'm new here."

The teacher turned on the holographic smart board. A list of authors from the early 2000s and '10s appeared on the screen. I recognized a few of them.

"Alright class. We're starting a project. In groups of two, you will chose one author from the early 21st century and create a presentation on them."

All of our communication devices, which were basically more advanced Apple Watches, beeped and the same list and directions from the board hovered above our wrists.

"Also," The teacher began, "instead of letting you choose partners, I'm using an algorithm the assign partners. You're welcome."

Well, it's good to know teachers will never change.

Mikey and Cody were paired together. Raph and Donnie were too. I wonder how well that's gonna work out. Finally, the teacher said my name. I was paired with Prati. I grinned at her again, which resulted in her playfully rolling her eyes with a smile.

All of our groups decided to work at Cody's mansion. Prati didn't say much as we all conversed over our first day of high school.

Mikey whined. "I just don't get this whole chemistry thing! What's the difference between an ionic and covalent bond?"

"Well, a covalent bond shares electrons and consists of nonmetallic molecules." Prati explained. "An ionic bond is usually between a metal and nonmetal and an electron is stolen and the molecules typically become an anion and a cation."

Everyone stared at her in surprise, mainly because it was the first time she had really said anything since we left the school. Mikey blinked confusedly, still not completely understanding.

"Okay, think about it this way. Co- is in covalent. It can mean partner. So the particles are like two parents that share the responsibility of taking care of the electrons." She said as she moved her golden hair out of the way.

Mikey nodded. "Okay, yeah, that makes sense."

"As for ionic bonds... I guess since ionic is close to iconic. So, think of the electrons as fame and think of it like someone who wants to be iconic is stealing fame from someone else." She shrugged.

Mikey quickly scribbled the ideas down on his homework. I switched the group to project mode, and we all dispersed throughout the house. Prati and I stayed in the living room.

"So, it seems to me that's you're pretty smart. Anyone who can help Mikey understand something must be a genius." I laughed as I scrolled through the list of authors.

She smiled and shook her head. "I guess you can consider me smart. I just know a lot of the answers to things."

I sat back and looked at her. "You kind of remind me of this character in a book I read a while ago. You're like a wallflower. You see things. You keep quiet about them. And you understand."

She simply smiled shyly at me before pointing to an author. "In my history class, we learned a lot about fandoms, fangirls, and fanboys. They were like these crazy people who loved books, music- you name it- more than their families and friends."

I laughed nervously, knowing that I was one of those people for Space Heroes.

"My point is," she continued, "one of the bigger fandoms was the Percy Jackson fandom and I'm pretty sure Rick Riordan is the author... or Uncle Rick as his fan base called him."

"Oh yeah, I love the Percy Jackson books. I love all of his books really. That's how I learned so much about Greek, Roman, Egyptian, and Norse mythology." I say as I write each of the series names down.

"Wait, seriously? Those books are like super expensive now. Most of the fandom wouldn't even give their books up from what I've heard and read. Unless you had family pass them down to you." She gasped slightly.

"Uh, yeah that's what happened." I swear drop. "Now about this project..."

~~~~~

A week later, we were finishing up the final touches on our project. We used a futuristic version of PowerPoint to create the presentation. We totally geeked out on it. There were sound effects, gifs that we found from the old (trashy) Percy Jackson movies, we even made it seem like Jack the Sword was narrating the Norse section of the presentation.

(If you haven't read the Magnus Chase series you might be a little confused about that part lol)

What I'm trying to say is, we're definitely getting an easy A. The only part I'm worried about is me getting nervous during the speech. It's not even because I'm going to be standing in front of the whole class, it's because I'm scared I might be distracted by Prati and her beauty. Cliche, I know, but I've already stumbled on my end of the presentation while we were practicing just from looking at her.

"So, Leo, have you found the books yet?" Prati asked, pulling my away from my thoughts.

I sat up quickly. "Huh? Oh, uh, no because..."

"Because you're not actually from this time period? Yeah I figured that much." She said without looking at me.

"H-how did you know?"

She shrugged. "I saw you guys when you were first teleported here."

I heard a loud gasp outside of the room. "Oh mi gosh! She saw us naked!" Mikey screamed.

A loud slap was heard. "I told you to be quiet, shell-for-brains."

I blushed. "Mikey! We weren't naked. Stop telling people that."

"Instead of talking to us, why don't you kiss Prati?" Donnie laughed.

My blush grew stronger as I looked over to Prati. She was blushing too. I stumbled over my words. She playfully rolled her eyes. The next thing I knew, she pulled me by my shell and kissed me. It was a small peck.

I grinned at her. "Let's try that again, shall we?"

I leaned in and kissed her again, but longer this time.