one of my favourite girls - b.a (loong)

you had a rough day at work the last few days, so brandon has been watching your little girl, hazel. it's a difficult situation.

you and your ex ryland met in high school, you had her when you were 17. very young although nowadays it's the normal age. you're 20, she's still still a toddler. so she's not exactly easy to take care of.

you met brandon when you and hazel moved to Riverside. the band had not long started and at first you didn't know about it, but he didn't know about hazel so i guess it was even.

you were expecting him to take off when you mentioned you had a daughter. but, he didn't. he made room for her. he was always there. unlike her actual dad which she's never met. it's been you & hazel from when you found out you were pregnant her being 2-3 months old. so, brandon came into the picture early so he's the only dad hazel has ever known.

you sighed as you rushed to grab your things. you still live with your aunt, but that's all another conversation. so you and hazel go back and fourth, and so does brandon. more or less two homes.

you grabbed your things before heading to the boys place.

brandon smiled at hazel "hazey! mummy is coming to get you soon, you need to be ready for her to pick you up yeah?"

austin called down "just getting her dressed!"

brandon smiled softly.

all the boys are really involved with hazel. it melts your heart, really.

you got there and hazel was still upstairs.

you look at brandon "hey bub. where is she?"

brandon smiled "her uncles aren't wanting to let her leave"

you smiled softly "safe to say y'all make ryland look like an idiot huh."

brandon looks at you confused

you sighed "what i mean is, she's gotten more love & attention from y'all these last 2 and half years than i ever for from ry. even when i was expecting her"

brandon smiled "he's gone, we're here. focus on that"

you nod "believe me, i'm trying."

brandon looks at you confused "babe. what's going on?!"

you sighed "nothing b. just. leave it."

brandon nods as austin brought her downstairs "aw you look gorgeous!" he ran to her and picked her off from the stairs and spun her around

nick looks at you as brandon wasn't beside you "you sure it's nothing?"

you nod "yeah.."

nick looks at you "he can read you easy y/n. whatever is going on, you need to tell him. i'll watch hazel. y'all needa talk."

you nod "fine."

you walk over to hazel and brandon "hunny uncle nick is gonna watch you while dad and i talk yeah?"

hazel nods and went to nick's arms.

brandon looks at you concerned you know he can read you pretty well, and nick was right with what he said. you couldn't hide it from brandon.

you sighed looking at nick with hazel "he.. he wants to see her"

brandon looks at you "who?"

you sighed "ryland...."

brandon looks at you "y/n!" you could feel the anger just by being beside him.

nick looked over and then decided to take hazel outside.

brandon then continued once hazel wasn't around "you know how dangerous he is! and he can be! having him around our little girl isn't-"

you look at brandon "our?"

brandon nods "okay yeah, i called her our little girl. i've been more of a father to her from the first day i met her! better than that mother-"

edwin jumped in "b.. calm down"

brandon snaps "no! i won't! ever since that motherfucker let you girls dry! i can't let him do you both like that again. especially since he was abusive."

you sighed "he was. yes. but he's her dad... and he won't be-"

brandon snaps again "he will be! you know that."

he then sighed and took your hands "look babe. i love you and i'm saying this because i do. but, you don't want him involved in her life. you don't want her hurt like he hurt you. do you?"

you sighed "no.. i don't. not over my dead body."

brandon nods "exactly. it's best for her, for you, if he stays out of it.. if not then-"

you nod and both say "court" at the same time.

you called ryland as brandon went outside to see hazel. it went good. surprisingly. but, you decided not to question it. so, you went with it. and he backed off eventually.

brandon was out with you and hazel a few days later. he had a hold of hazel when you were in the parking lot after just playing around the park. he was holding her (like in the photo above). you took a picture.

brandon saw it earlier the next day and decided to send it to himself and post it with the caption "one of my favourite girls. no matter what, i'm not letting anyone or anything dull her smile,, & her mom's too🖤"

you read it. it made your heart melt. you didn't deserve brandon, you knew it. you knew you hit the jackpot with him. but, he and hazel deserved each other so much.. he might not be her father by blood but he's one hell of a dad to her. & you couldn't be more thankful.