if it was meant to be, wouldn't i know by now? - a.p

you and austin are on at break at the moment. you thought it would be what's best for y'all, but turns out, it's so much harder than you thought...

you decided to have a break about 3 weeks ago. half way through their tour, and you cramming with work and, it just seemed right. turns out, you were wrong.

"i know you miss him y/n" charlie, your boss who also happens to be your best friend knows you better than anyone. it didn't take him long to pick up on it.

you sighed "charlie. just drop it okay."

charlie shakes his head "it's not happening. you care for him. you're not letting him go"

you shrug "if it was meant to be, wouldn't i know by now?"

charlie smirks "you never know"

you roll your eyes and get back into your work. yes, there's an odd chance he could be right. but you didn't want to make a fool of yourself, so. you left it.

brandon looks at austin "dude. call her."

austin shrugs "i don't know if she wants us still"

brandon scoffed "are we still talking about y/n? dude. of course she does! y'all were inseparable before we started tour. call her"

austin rolls his eyes "if you're right imma lose it!"

you were just watching a movie when you get a knock at the door.

you walked over to it and opened it. it was austin.

you jumped right into his arms "aren't you supposed to be in san diego?"

austin smiled "yeah. but here i am"

you then slowly released yourself from austin's grip and sighed "i'm sorry.."

austin smiled "no i'm sorry. i shouldn't of suggested a break, it wasn't what we needed at all. in fact, i think we needed the opposite"

you nod "couldn't have said it better"

you then did the last few shows with austin. arizona, san diego, san francisco & la.

he was right. more time is definitely what y'all needed. now you're closer than ever