i used to be so in love with the idea of you! - n.m (loong)

you and nick have a past. you had the same friendship group in 8th grade but you and nick weren't exactly the closest. you adored him. but, you were scared to well act on it. safe to say you both were.

but. when you go to LA with your best friends for a little vacation, you bump into nick before you found accomodation and he. well. he handled it better than you thought.

you bumped into nick and ended up falling over. how? well. who knows. but you did. "i'm sorry i wasn't paying attention"

nick looks at you as he bends down to help you up "y/n?! what are you doing here?"

i stand up with nick's help and look at him "ah yeah. that's me.. and on a vacation with the girls"

nick smiled "how long y'all here for?!"

you smiled "10 days"

nick smiled "maybe we should catch up! it's been some years"

you nod "it has..."

you then turn around to look at the girls, rose & violet and see what they think, but they were already talking to the other guys so they just weren't listening

you sighed softly "ah i don't know.. it's been. it's been awhile. i don't wanna be a bother"

nick smiled "it won't be!"

you look at the girls and see how they were already getting along so well with the guys. so you went with what they would of said if they were in your ear the whole time "yeah, that'll be good"

nick smiled softly "what's your number? i'll text you the address"

you nod and gave nick your number and then said your goodbyes and went on walking.

violet smirks "so that's nick mara now hey"

you look at violet "vi... you're not helping."

rose smiled "ignore her! what happened?"

you itch your head "he wants to catch up. he asked for my number so i gave it to him and he said he'll text me the address"

violet was still smirking so rose gave her a nudge

rose smiled "i mean the other guys he was with we're really nice! so maybe he is too"

you sighed "it's not that he was mean in school it's just a lot"

rose smiled "you'll be okay! we'll be there"

later on. you and the girls head to the boys place.

you got talking with nick and he offered for y'all to stay. he said violet and rose could crash in the spare room and you could have his bed whilst he slept on the sofa.

you look at nick "i can't kick you out of your own bed in your own house. we'll go find somewhere to stay.. just not via air bnb since that's why we're in this position anyways"

nick smiled "hey. i want to let you stay here. the guys got along with your friends, i don't see why not"

you sighed "we have history, nick.."

nick nods "let's make it not history" he then makes me a move.

you didn't pull back. then one thing lead to another. y'all slept together whilst everyone was outside playing football.

you look at nick "after what just happened maybe we shouldn't stay"

nick froze.
a few minutes later he replied "i used to be so in love with the idea of you!"

you look at nick confused, you were unsure of what you just heard and if you heard it right. but after that tension, you did. you sighed "nick! i'm not just an idea, i'm an actual person remember?!"

nick nods "i know i-"

you sighed "i'm gonna go get the girls. we shouldn't stay here"

nick grabs onto your arm "you know that's not what i meant"

you sighed "then what did you mean, nick?"

nick looks at you "i always pictured there being an us. but after junior high when the friendship separated we just moved on. and in high school i was too scared to act on us.."

you sighed "i had no one in high school after gabriel.. you could of-"

nick then nods "i know. i could of. but you were a cheerleader y/n"

you sighed "cheerleader? i was on the bench handing them extra glitter and pom poms. i wouldn't exactly call that a cheerleader"

nick grabs your arm again and pulls you back onto the bed "stay here for half your time whilst you're in LA. if i can't change your mind, then you can go stay elsewhere and that'll be that for us"

you look at nick "you mean all or nothing kinda thing?"

nick nods "yeah. why not? see if we click like we were supposed to"

you nod "okay. one condition"

nick nods "name it"

you smiled "you stay in your bed. i'll take the couch"

nick didn't want you to leave, so he agreed. but when it came down to, he ended up on the sofa with you for the whole night. which, wasn't a loss.

you, rose & violet spent 5 constant days with the boys. they all got along really well, you were really happy being around nick. so, you decided to stay there the last 5 days. which was one of the best decisions you've made. a few day before you left, nick officially asked you to be his girlfriend and took you out on a date.

turns out, a trip to LA that you were dreading, was the exact opposite of what you expected. but in a good way!