the next step - a.p (long)

you and austin have been together for a long time. you've known each other since 4th grade, but y'all started dating in 10th grade.

you had another boyfriend, jay. during 9th grade, and let's just say, austin didn't approve..

but, he cheated on you. so y'all obviously didn't last long. 3 months. which was ridiculous. but, it made you a better person.

then, about 7 months later you & austin were offical.

you got some shit for going straight into being with him after your ex jay. but. it didn't phase either of you, you and austin both knew you wanted to be offical and that was that.

y'all graduated together and then music popped up. he went to california for prettymuch. and you decided to go to college for music. y'all both moved to california.

austin lived with the boys & you stayed a little closer to the campus with some of your best friends, you were about 30 minutes away from austin.

you more or less lived at the guys place. when you didn't have class the next day, or it was the weekend you would spend most of the time with the boys.

you have a little girl, ava. austin's not the dad, your high school ex jay is. but, austin gets along so much better with her than jay ever did.

so, austin's kinda like her stepfather.

she stays with you at the boys place when you're both free, your place or she stays with your mom. it's a lot of bouncing around for a kid but you don't have lot you can do about that.

she's 4. she goes to preschool (pre-k, kindergarten whatever you wanna call it) so she has a few days where she's at preschool.

austin decides he wants to take the next step.

so. whilst ava is staying at your moms place and you have school, he decides to ask them for permission.

austin knocks on the door "hey! can i come in?"
your mom smiled "of course!"
he walked in and ava jumped right into his arms "hey you!"
ava smiled kissing austin's cheeks.

your mom smiled "what brings you here? isn't y/n in class?"

austin nods "that's why it's just me"

your mom nods "ah okay. continue"

austin smiled "okay so you know i love y/n. with my whole heart & i actually came here cause i wanna take the next step. so i brought her this. i want to ask y/n to marry me"

he shows your mom the ring

austin smiled "the first ring is for the actual wedding if she even says yes & the bottom one is the one i'll propose with"

your mom smiled "aw it's precious, austin! you have my permission!"

austin smiled "thank you!! still got one more to ask though"

he sits ava down and smiled "you know how much i love your mommy don't you?"

ava nods

austin smiled softly "do i have your permission to ask her to marry me?"

ava smiled and hugged austin. she wasn't sure what he meant but it made him extremely happy.

a few days later

austin smiled as he had ava standing in the middle of a heart made out of white roses and he was too.

you walk into the boys place. the lights are off "what is going on?"

the boys flicked the lights on. you smiled "aust"

austin smiled softly "y/n" he pulls you into the middle of the flowers.

"i adore you. you mean the world to me. i don't know where i would be without you. you're so so strong, and after everything we've been through we can take over the world! i love you. & i want to spend the rest of life with you & ava. y/f/n, will you marry me?"

he got on one knee and ava wipes his tears

you smiled softly "yes of course i will!"

he places the ring on your finger and picks you up and spins you around and kisses you.

you smiled softly.

austin smiled "i'm not done yet"

he then pulls out another ring box.
it was a ring pop.

you look at him confused. he gets down on one knee in front of ava.

"ava, this is a ring pop is a promise to you. i promise you i will look after you until i can't no more. and i promise you i will never hurt your mom. i will never let anything bad happen to you. will you let me be your official stepdad?"

ava smiled hugging austin who then spun her around "i love you daddy"

austin smiled "i'm your stepdad though but i love you too"

you smiled "it's okay, she's still pretty young"

ava smiled "no no i want him to be my real daddy"

you look at austin "adoption?"

austin nods "eventually!"

you smiled hugging both ava and austin together. it felt like after all the things you've been through, it was just working out perfectly: more than you ever could of hoped for