i dont ever get like this! so idk why its happening now.. - n.m

the boys' are set to perform on the late late show with james cordon tonight. it's not live so the show won't air for another few days. but the taping is today.

every since you got to the stupid about 2 hours after the boys did, you've noticed that nick is extremely closed off.

you walk right over to him.

"bub.." you poke nick
he jumps "shit. you scared me."
you look at nick and sigh "come here"

you pull him aside. away from the other boys.

"nick. this isn't like you. normally you're excited and can't stop talking before a show.. not closed off, quite & jumpy" you sighed

nick smiled a little "its. it's nothing."

you look at nick "i've been at every single show i can be at. i know what you get like before a performance. this isn't it."

nick sighed "fine! i'm nervous as hell okay! i don't ever get like this! so i don't know why it's happening now..."
you sighed "bubby.."
nick sighed "no. don't let the others know. they'll pick on me. let's just get this shit over with"

you cup nicks face "bub. i know this is your first TV performance at this level but hey. i also know how incredibly talented you are. you've got this. they'll be focused on your fit & your dancing. then. when it's your solo. sing like it's just us."

nick nods but you could tell he was still unsure

you pulled nick out of the stupid "let's do a run through. then. you can do the exact thing when it's go time"

nick nods

you helped nick out & sung the other boys' solo's when doing some of the choreography. before his turn.

you smiled and looked at nick after he did. you could just see the relief on his face. you smiled hugging nick "you did it!!"
nick nods "yeah. just you & a few people passing.... in there. that. that'll be-"
you cut nick off with a kiss "you do this & i'll do that expert dance class with matt that i've been dreading for the last six months"
nick nods "deal"

nick and the boys performed summer on you & it was one of their best live performances that you've ever seen.

after the show ended and the cameras had cut you ran right up to nick and gave him the biggest hug "you did it!! what did i tell you!"

nick gives you a kiss "hm maybe but! now you gotta do that class!"

you smiled "fine, a deal is a deal."

nick smiled "you bet it is! i'll be there but if you don't do it then no dinner!"

you giggled "annnd the nervous wreck is gone"

nick giggled as he kissed your forehead as the both of you walked to the green room

you were beyond proud that nick was able to do it. even though you always knew he could, it made you unbelievably happy just to see him get over his nerves. that. that's your boy.