The Boys

I pulled up to the JFK Airport and peered out my window. I spent the whole ride pretty pissed at Kiani. What if these "people" were huge stuck up superstars who wanted to treat me like their own personal slave. I had absolutely no idea who these people were or anything, in fact neither did Kiani. When I asked, she had just shrugged her shoulders and said "Dunno."

So basically, she has sent me to the airport to pick up a bunch of strangers, even though I don't know their names, gender, occupation, height, age, place of birth... NOTHING! What have you done, Kiani? I took a deep breath and drove around until I found a parking spot towards the back. Apparently today was the wrong day to wear heels... I looked down at my 5 inch, studded grey heels and considered taking them off and going without. I quickly decided against it when I remembered Kiani telling me to "act professional", whatever that means.

Now, let me explain these heels.. I usually don't wear 5 inch heels everywhere, but when I walked out of my room this morning with dark skinny jeans, a white tank top, and a grey blazer on, Kiani told me I looked too "laid back" and "unprofessional". That only made me feel nervous, who exactly was I picking up? And why is it so important to look more "professional"? I stole the heels from Erika's room, shhh, she'll never know..

While walking into the airport, I quickly side, fishtail braided my hair and looked down, admiring my outfit. I looked casual but the heels added a classy vibe.

I stood in front of the screen that held all the flight information. I watched the blue letters, looking out for their flight number. Number 201684 from the UK. For some reason British people freak me out.. great... I thought to myself. They were probably all stuck up and would want tea or something like that the second they got off. The word next to the flight number changed to "landing" so I peeked at the gate number and headed down a long corridor.

I searched for gate 12 and the second I spotted it, people started coming out of the entrance. Oh shit.. I thought as I realized I have no idea what they look like. I stood for a moment probably looking like a freak as I twirled in circles trying to spot someone who may look "professional" (using Kiani's words). All of a sudden, my heart skipped a beat as I felt someone tap my shoulder. I spun around to see a young boy, about my age wearing red sweatpants and a grey shirt. His hand was in his pocket and he was standing kind of awkwardly. He had an adorable expression on his face and his brown eyes were peering into mine.

"Are you Kiani Miller?" He awkwardly asked as he ran a hand through his short, brown hair.

"Uh, she's a friend of mine. Are you the person I'm supposed to be picking up?" I asked. He laughed, easing some of the tension.

"I suppose so." He answered in just about the cutest british accent I have ever heard. He pointed to a group of people behind him and continued, "The rest of my bandmates are over there." I peered around him and saw five boys waiting in the McDonald's line. I couldn't tell much about them from where I stood but they seemed to all be around my age.

"Okay, do you need help with anything?" I asked, eyeing the bag slung around his shoulder and the suitcase he had in his left hand.

He saw me looking and answered with, "No, love. Thank you but I'm fine." Did he just call me "love"? Oh my gosh, that accent. Act professional, I reminded myself in my head. We walked the few feet to the McDonald's just as the boys had gotten their food. I was now up close and could see them all, and they were extremely gorgeous.

"Hey!" One boy turned towards us. He had similar brown hair to the first guy and was wearing a plain gray sweater and jeans with red toms. "I'm Louis Tomlinson!" He exclaimed, shaking my hand. "And this here is my leperchaun, Niall!" He added. I looked at the boy, Niall, that Louis now had his arm around. He had hair that was half bonde, half brown. He was wearing tan chinos, a grey Jack Wills hoodie, and supras.

"I'm Audrey." I said to them with a smile on my face. A curly haired boy came up to me next. He was wearing a green T-shirt, skinny jeans, and a grey beanie hiding some of his curls. He smiled at me flirtatiously and said, "Nice to meet you, babe. My name is Harry."

"Harry, seriously? You just met her.." said a boy behind Harry with black hair that had a blonde streak in it. He was wearing a plaid shirt, unbuttoned, under a white V-neck with jeans on. "I'm Zayn." He told me. All the guys started heading to baggage claim and I turned back to the boy who had tapped on my shoulder earlier.

"And your name is?" I questioned him. He looked down at me, almost taken aback. We started walking after the boys.

"Uh, I'm Liam." He answered. Just then, I heard the distant sound of screaming. I looked at Liam, who had a petrified look on his face.

"Do you hear that?" I asked.