Breaking Point

>Liam's POV<

I pulled up in front of my house and took out the little blue box from the little blue bag. My leg started moving up and down at a fast rate, a sign meaning I was really anxious. Not the excited anxious, the nervous 'I don't know what the hell to do.' anxious. If I wanted to, she could be mine forever just with this small ring. I could walk into our house right now and place this ring on her finger and tell her that I don't give a shit what anybody says. 

But do I really not care what anyone says. My decision right now would change my life. No matter what I choose. No pressure at all or anything. Heavily breathing, I got out of the car and put the box in my back jean pocket. 

When I walked in, Audrey was sitting at the kitchen table with her head in her hands. In front of her, was her laptop. She looked up when she heard me come in and looked up. Her blue eyes had a deep red rimming them and her face was wet from tears. She shook her head slightly and put her head back in her hands and sobbed loudly. What more could everyone have done?! I thought we had already hit the bottom. Guess I was wrong.

Coming up behind her, I placed my hand on the back of her lacey tank top and rubbed small circles that I hoped would comfort her a little. On the laptop screen twitter was open, what a shocker. I scrolled through a few tweets. 

@NiallOfficial: Thought we were bros.. But you chose that hoe anyways. 

There were millions of retweets and millions of replies. Throught my time as a member of One Direction, I had never seen that many retweets on any tweet that any of us had sent. I read through them, even though I knew it was a horrible idea. I knew it would break me even more. My hand had paused on Audreys back but I still felt her tiny body shaking. She didn't deserve this. Any of this. 

I felt horrible for Audrey. Honestly, I felt horrible for myself too. Neither one of us could have evr expected all these horible replies and this horrible lifestyle. If anyone on this planet deserved this, it was Danielle. A hatred that I wouldn't have felt towards anyone before I met Audrey, flared up inside me like a spreading fire. I felt my hand start shaking on Audrey's back. Just as quickly as it had started, the red from the hate I felt turned to blue and I grew even sadder.

Why? Why did this have to be us? And why did a simple relationship have to turn into this emotional roller coaster. Maybe because it wasn't simple anymore. Love was never simple.

I was supposed to be the strong one here, but I continued to read all the tweets my fans were tweeting us, and it completely tore me apart. My eyes started to blur, but I kept reading. It was almost addictive. 

>Audrey's POV<

I turned around and focused my attention on Liam. He was crying and I had never seen him cry before. This only made me want to cry harder. I stood up from the dining room table and grabbed both of his hands. Walking backwards, Liam followed me to the couch and laid down. We both had tears streaming down our faces and were shaking. He laid down on the couch, using the head rest for support and I laid next to him. Liam wrapped his arms around me, and I laid my head back on his chest. 

For the next three hours, we cried. Pathetic, I know. This was probably the only time in my entire life that I had cried for three fucking hours straight. Literally, there wasn't a single interruption. Not one pause. But we had reached the breaking point and just couldn't take it. Neither one of us said anything, we just layed there and let each other cry. There's nothing in the world we could of said. There was almost a kind of comfort in this though. We had gotten here together and it was amazing to know that I wasn't in this alone anymore. He felt just as lost and broken as me, maybe even more. 

We started to calm down a bit. Well Liam did. I started to calm down because he started playing with my hair and it felt relaxing. But I still felt the urge to cry. I forced myself to fight against this urge. He took a breath.

"Six months ago, I would never have been able to picture myself here." I nodded in response, Liam knew me well enough to know I didn't like talking when I'm upset. Gladly, I would listen to him speak, but I could never find the right words to express how I feel. "But I'd rather be right here with you then cooking dinner for Danielle." My heart skipped a few beats at his words and I turned slightly, so I could see him. His brown eyes still glowed like the first time I met him, but now they were red and tear filled. He still had a few tears on his cheeks, I kissed them off. His big smile shown through his tears. 

"Do you remember a few weeks ago, when I told you I loved you and you ran away?" I remembered it perfectly. It wasn't one of my best moments. "Well since then, I decided that if you didn't believe that I loved you, I would have to show you. But that's really hard. I feel like the only way you would ever really believe me, would be our wedding day and I'm not ready to wait that long. So whether or not you believe me, I'm telling you anyways. I love you so much." 

I felt horrible. Like I had pushed him away. But he had done what he wanted to. I know he loves me. He didn't have to tell me because he shows me everyday. He chose me over everyone else. If that doesn't say he loves me, I don't know what does. My dad didn't even make an attempt to show me. I wasn't worth his time. 

"I believe you." But I just couldn't say it back and in Liam's eyes, I saw that that was enough, for now.

"I want you to know that it's me and you against the world." He pulled out a ring box and my mouth dropped. 

The ring was shaped in an infinity sign and it was all diamonds and I don't mean fake diamonds, I mean real ones. One small stone in the upper left corner of the loop was purple, both of our favorite color. I stared at him, stunned. By the beauty of the ring or by what Liam was saying with it, I didn't know. 

"I'm not asking you to marry me." My heart started beating at a normal rate, because I didn't think I was ready to be engaged to Liam Payne. I certainly wasn't ready to be married to him. "I'm telling you that I promise one day, I will. Not now, but the day you can tell me you love me, I'll be ready to get down on my knee." I was utterly speechless. The ring was absolutely magnificent and Liam basically just told me that he intends to marry me.

"That ring is breathtaking." Was all i could manage to get out.

"Just like you." I looked at Liam and smiled while one tear finally came out of my eye. He was absolutely flawless.

"You and me against the world," I repeated, "forever." I stuck out my hand and the corners of Liam's eyes crinkled by his smile. He slipped the ring on my finger and held my hand upward, so we could both admire the ring. 

The rest of that night was spent giggling on the couch and staring at the ring on my hand. It was without a doubt the most amazing ring I had ever seen, because it was mine. Liam was mine.

--------------------------Author's Note-----------------

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo, did ya like.? This was like my favorite chapter to write so far, I thinnk. Anyways, please, vote/fan/comment. ooop, Jack and Finn just started their younow. Guess i gotta go(: Byeeeeeee! Love you guys!

xx, Ashley