Different Dinner

------------------------------------------------2 Days Later, Friday--------------------------------

"Audrey, can you pass me those hangers?" Melanie, a young girl I worked with, asked me. I handed her the hangers and went back to ringing up my customer. 

"Swipe you're card, please." I watched Melanie hang a few shirts on a metal rod while the customer fumbled with her card. "Thanks, have a nice day." I said cheerily with a smile once she had paid and taken her bags. 

"Can I talk to you, Audrey?" My manager, Laura, came up to the counter. 

"Sure." I said, a little unsure. 

"I think I'm going to have to let you go." Her smile confused me.

"Wait, what?"

"Yeah." I stared at her compeletly dumbfounded. 

"Why?" 

She looked around, trying to be inconspicious. That's when I noticed the girls at the back of the store taking pictures of me. Finally, Laura turne dher charming smile to a serious scowl.

"I'm sorry, but it's just not good for business. Plus, you're dating Liam Payne, it's not like you need the money." By now, Melanie had stopped hanging the clothes and was staring intently at Laura and I. More people had joined the girls. All types of people, some older some younger but all of them judging me. I handed Melanie my name tag and stepped out behind the counter. 

The people watched me approach them, "Who I'm dating does not show you who I am." I said, purposely holding up my arm to show off my tattoo. They took a few pictures and I left. 

Once I got home, I just sat on the couch. I stared blankly at the T.V. screen and sipped from my mug of tea. Four hours later, Liam got home. 

"Why are you home early?" He asked once he noticed me. 

"Fired." I still kept my attention on the screen. 

"Why?" I didn't answer him, just grabbed the remote and flipped on T.V. where of course, news reporters were talking about me. Us. "How about you invite Erika or Kiani over?" 

Instantely, I pulled out my phone and dialed Erika's number. 

"Hey, wanna come over?" I asked the minute she answered. 

"Well.. ummm.." Whispering came through the speaker but I couldn't make out what they were saying.

"Audrey? Could you put Liam on the phone?" That was defanietly Harry's voice. Confused, I handed the phone over to Liam, who mimicked my expression. 

"Hello?" Liam listened to Harry for about ten minutes, nodding occasionally. But his confused expression still remained. "Yeah, okay. Don't sweat it, mate. I'll see you at rehearsal."

"What was that about?"

"Erika can't hang out. Neither can Kiani. I'm going to go make dinner." Liam was out of the room before I could even open my mouth. 

"BUT YOU NEVER MAKE DINNER?" I yelled to him, too lazy to get up. Obviously something was going on and Liam wasn't telling me. Yeah, Liam's not really good on keeping things private. So of course, I texted Erika. 

To Erika: What's going on? What were Liam and Harry talking about?

From Erika: Nothing.

To Erika: You're kidding me right?........Obviously you guys are trying (and failing) to keep something from me. What is it?

From Erika: Fine... But you have to promise not to be mad at me or Kiani, okay? Cause it isn't really our fault.