Chapter 17 "I'm Not."

Mickey walked out on to the porch. Ian and Carl practically moved all their stuff into Mickey's and Hannah's house today. Carl held Zegan in his arms as Hannah tickled his stomach. Ian was in the kitchen grabbing more beers. Hannah looked at Ian after Mickey walked out the door. Ian gave a look like you go ask first. Hannah rolled her eyes at him. "You got him?" Hannah asked Carl. Carl nodded his head. Hannah walked out to where Mickey was.
Hannah sat next to him on the top porch step "You ok?"
     Mickey handed her his cigarette "I'm fine."
     "Don't lie to me" Hannah blew smoke.
     Mickey took a swing of his beer "when are you leaving?" Mickey had this on his mind since Zegan was born. For some reason today it just really bothered him.
     Hannah looked down at her feet "I'm not."
     Mickey looked at her "why not?"
     "What do I have other than the south side Mickey? I got nothing you're here Ian's here Carl's here Zegan's here. If I left I wouldn't have anything. This is home." Hannah truthfully said. Mickey couldn't help but smile. His baby sister was staying. "I'd miss you a lot if I left" Hannah handed him the cigarette.
     Mickey took it "I love you."
     Hannah laid her head on his shoulder "I love you too." Hannah curled up her nose "did you take a shower today."
     "No" Mickey smirked.
     Hannah picked her head up "oh my god you are actually the dirtiest white boy in America."
     Mickey looked at her "and you're also Hannah Sankovich." Hannah playfully slapped his arm. They sat there staring into each other's blue eyes smiles on their faces.