Chapter 11 "Drugs Old Building Cops."

Hannah threw on a black tank top. The only thing that would fit her baby bump. She could hear her brothers were arguing. She wanted to yell at them but she knew it would only make it worse. She stood in her full-length mirror. She turned so she could see the side of her left arm. She smiled and stared at her tattoo. A skull that had black roses around it. Underneath it said bad. It was a tattoo she got in jail. It looked messy but she still loved it. It was like she almost forgot she had tattoos because she could never show it off in the long winters of Chicago.
     She walked out into the dining room to see her bothers eating and still yelling at each other. Her dad must have been still sleeping. "Where are you going?" Iggy asked. It was still too early for her to go to work.
     "I have a doctor's appointment" Hannah lied. Mickey got up from the table and walked over to her.
     "Tell Ian I'll be over some time today" he whispered in her ear. He knew she was going to the Gallagher's. Hannah just nodded her head and walked out the door.
     Hannah walked up to the Gallagher's door. She could already hear the yelling. She loved the Gallaghers but she was happy she didn't live next to them. She walked into the house and into the kitchen. "Good morning Fiona" Hannah oddly sounded happy for once. Hannah was never truly happy.
     "Good morning?" Fiona said making it sound more like a question than a response. Hannah was smiling. Smiling too much. "You ok?" Fiona asked.
     "Yeah," Hannah said with a confused face.
     Fiona walked into the living room "did you take your pills?"
     Hannah followed her "shit I think I got some upstairs." Hannah ran into the kitchen and went up the steps.
     As Hannah walked into the hallway Carl walked out of the bathroom. Hannah's smile went away seeing what he was wearing. She leaned against the wall far from him "it's like 100 degrees out and you're wearing that." He was wearing jeans, a black t-shirt, and a bomber jacket. She crossed her arms over her chest.
     Carl looked at her with sorry eyes "I got to make money somehow."
     "Yeah but there are better ways to do that" Hannah said.
     Carl walked up to her "I know but this is what I got right now." Carl was back to dealing drugs.
     Hannah walked up to him "I hate you."
     "I love you" Carl kissed her. Hannah couldn't talk about doing bad things. She was a Milkovich after all. She just didn't like that Carl was dealing with drugs when he had a baby. She didn't want him killed over it or in jail. She knew he would be a good father and he couldn't do that if he was in jail or dead. Carl walked down the steps leaving Hannah with her swirling thoughts.
     Hannah turned on her heel and headed into the boys' room. She looked at the nightstand next to Ian's bed where he was sleeping. She saw she had no pills there. "Shit," she said to herself. It must have been loud enough to wake up Ian.
     "Morning," he said wiping his eyes.
     "Morning" Hannah said back opening Ian's pills.
     Ian sat up "don't take my pills."
     "Watch me," Hannah said and swallowed the two white pills dry. Then she threw the bottle at Ian "your turn bitch."
     Ian swallowed the pills the same way "Mick coming or do I have to throw rocks at his window to see him?"
     "He's coming" Hannah heard footsteps "speaking of that's probably him." Mickey walked into the room. Hannah smiled "Hey your arm won't hurt." Ian laughed. Mickey looked at them like they were crazy.
     "Shouldn't you be at work?" he said pointing to Hannah. He was trying to get her out of the room.
     "Shit," she said as she ran down out of the room.
     "Mickey sat next to Ian lighting a cigarette "don't think I'm ready for another one like her."
     Ian stood up "good because you won't get her you'll get him like you." Ian was saying that the baby was a boy, not a girl.
     Mickey blew smoke "fuck off."
     Ian shrugged his shoulders "ok but do you want to help?" Mickey smiled knowing exactly what Ian meant.
     Carl walked into the old creepy building. Why the fuck would anyone want to meet here to buy drugs? he thought but he brushed the thought off because this run was gonna win him two grand. When Gdog told him he got two grand from this he asked him why so much? But Gdog wouldn't answer him just made him go on the run. Now he knows why who would want to go this deep into the south side of Chicago especially to this creepy-ass building. Carl needed the money so he did it anyway. He finally found the person who wanted the drugs. The guy was really tall like a giant compared to Carl. He also was really muscular. Carl hoped that this went all good seeing he wasn't gonna be living if he got in a fight with this guy. Carl was staring like an idiot. "You got the drugs or what?" The guy's voice was deep.
     Carl pulled himself together "Yeah". He took off the backpack he was wearing and gave it to the guy. The guy snatched it quickly out of Carl's hands and gave him the money. Carl took the money and stuffed it into the front of his pants.
     Then they could hear pounding on the front door "Chicago police open up." Shit, maybe this wasn't a good idea Carl thought. Carl scanned the room looking for a back door. He found one and ran to it leaving the guy with the drugs. Once Carl ran out the door he heard four gunshots after he picked up the paste.
     Hannah was working making drinks and doing what she could around the bar. Hannah liked working there. It was better than all the other jobs she's had. Kev liked her working there she brought it a lot of guys even with having a big baby bump. Kev thought Hannah didn't know about the guys coming in to see her but she did. She helped by wearing slutty clothes which were most of her wardrobe and flirting with the guys to keep them coming back. I guess you could say Hannah was a dick magnet. She never told any of the boys in her life this was happing or the bar would never have any business. Carl ran in. Hannah heard the door slam shut and looked up from the guy she was flirting with. Hannah walked over to Carl "why are you outta breath?"
     Carl leaned over "drugs old building cops" was all he could get out. Hannah walked over to the other side of the bar. Carl fallowed but sat on a barstool. Hannah poured him a glass of water it was better than alcohol. She put it in front of him. "Water?" He questioned.
     "Water" Hannah stared at him. He drank it after seeing he wasn't gonna win. "So what happened?" Hannah asked leaning over the bar. Carl looked down at her boobs that her hanging out of her shirt when she leaned like that. "Carl" Hannah snapped. She didn't care she just wanted to know what happened.
     "Ok, so I went to this really creep fucked-up building to give this guy his drugs. He was paying two grand and Gdog said I could have it. I gave him the drugs got the money. Then the cops came I ran out the back door than gunshots." Carl explained what happened.
     Hannah stood up straight "you're fucking telling me you could have died." Carl could see the rage in her eyes.
     "I-" Carl started.
     "No, go  I'm not dealing with this now go home." Carl walked out confused about how Hannah could be so mad. He got two grand! but he walked home anyway.
     "You got him controlled" Tommy laughed.
     Hannah didn't want to deal with him "shut the fuck up."
     Hannah walked into Carl's room. Carl was sitting on Ian's bed. "Hey you're here" Carl walked up and went to kiss her.
     She stepped away from him "you could of went to jail."
     Carl didn't understand "Yeah so?"
     "You could of fucking gone to jail" Hannah was raising her voice.
     "Why the hell would that matter you've been in jail all that matters is that I've got the money," Carl said.
     Hannah's eyes filled with tears "really all you care about is the money it doesn't matter that you could have died? Left me left your baby. Dead Carl, I wouldn't be able to get you back dead."
     Carl now felt guilty "I get it I didn't know that was gonna happen. You're right the money doesn't matter. All that matters is that I did it and I didn't die and I'm here with you with the baby."
     "You promise not to do it again," Hannah said.
     Carl put his hands on her waist "I promise I won't do it again" Hannah hugged him.