Chapter 14 "Why?"

Hannah slipped a blue onesie over Zegan's head "you're getting so big." Zegan was only two weeks old but he was much bigger than what he was when he was born. Hannah picked him up off of her bed. "I love you" she said than kissed his forehead. Hannah loved Zegan more than she loved anyone else. She laid him down in his crib. Which was as the foot of her bed. Hannah walked over to her full length mirror and started to get ready for work. Mickey walked in Hannah's room. He tried to see Zegan and her as much as he could. He knew if Hannah ever left the south side he wouldn't be able to see them as much. He walked over to Zegan's crib and rubbed his cheek "Hey Zeg." Mickey liked the nickname Ian have him so he started to call him that too. Zegan smiled at Mickey's touch. Mickey really wanted to hold him but he still thought that he'd hurt him some how. Hannah put her hair in a ponytail and watched them in the mirror. She smiled seeing that Mickey did actually love Zegan. Hannah then took off her pj shorts and put on jean shorts. Hannah didn't care changing in front of Mickey. He was her bother and was to distracted by the baby to look. When Hannah was done changing she walked over to Zegan's crib where Mickey still played with him. Zegan was tightly holding on to Mickey's pointer finger. "Boys got a death grip" Mickey smiled. Hannah laughed "he is south side." Mickey wiggled his finger trying to get free. He failed it only made Zegan hold on tighter. Hannah picked him up "you gotta let go of Mickey or I'm gonna be late to work." Mickey then softy took Zegan's hand off of his finger. Zegan whimpered. "I know you love uncle Mickey but mamas gotta work" Hannah kissed his cheek. Mickey kissed Hannah forehead than Zegan's "bye." Hannah noticed he been doing that a lot but she brushed it off. It was better than not getting any attention from him. "Can you help me get the stroller down from the porch?" Hannah asked him. Mickey nodded "Yeah but quick before dad wakes up."
     They walked into the living room. The stroller was sitting by the front door along with a back pack that had Zegan's things in it. Hannah put Zegan in the stroller and slung the backpack on to one of her shoulders. She walked out on to the porch. Mickey fallowed her. Mickey then picked up the whole stroller like it was nothing and walked it down to the sidewalk. Hannah walked down the steps "I would of helped you." "Yeah it's fine bye bye Zeg" Mickey waved. Hannah picked up one of Zegan's hand and waved it "bye uncle Mickey." Hannah walked down the sidewalk towards the Gallagher house.
     Hannah got to the Gallagher house Carl was running out the door with a backpack on. "Where you going?" Hannah questioned him. "School" Carl kissed Zegan's head "love you Zeg." Apparently everyone started to call Zegan, Zeg. Hannah looked confused "school?" Carl kissed her "Yeah I'm going back I'm late love you." He ran down the sidewalk. "Love you too" Hannah yelled. He wasn't going to school he was selling drugs or guns or anything he could to get money. Hannah laughed what a dumb excuse when it's summer.
     Hannah picked up Zeg and walked in the house leaving the stroller by the porch. Fiona was in the kitchen with Liam. "Debbie here?" Hannah asked. "No she's for with some friends" Fiona put a bowl in the sink. "Shit" Hannah whispered to herself "Ian?" Fiona picked up Liam off of his chair "had to work an extra shift at the club and no I can't watch the baby." "Looks like I'm taking you to work with me this is gonna be fun" Hannah said sarcastically. "Could you take Liam to daycare" Fiona asked walking out the door. "I guess" Hannah yelled. Liam and Hannah walked out the door. Hannah put Zegan in the stroller then took Liam's hand "let's go boys."
     Hannah pushed the stroller and held Liam's they walked down the sidewalk. "Hey you need another baby daddy" a drunk man said to her. He thought that Liam was her too. Hannah pulled Liam closer to her "fuck off." Hannah continued her walk to Liam's daycare.
     Once Hannah finished taking Liam to daycare she walked to the Alibi. As she got to the block the Alibi was on Zegan started to cry. "Shit you're hungry" Hannah said. By the time she got there Zegan was screaming. She walked in the door to have everyone staring at her. She walked behind the bar after picking up Zegan from his stroller. "Here Kev" Hannah handed Zegan to him. Kev rocked him back and forth trying into quite him down. Hannah started to make Zegan a bottle "the baby is here because Carl is off selling drugs or something after he promised me he wouldn't. Debbie is off with some friends which she needs to be. Ian had to work an extra shift at the club but by the time I got there he should of been done so I hope he wasn't roofed but he might of swung by my house to see Mickey before my dad woke up. Fiona has work but she asked me to take Liam to daycare. I took Liam to daycare. And we walked passed a drunk guy and he asked if I wanted another baby daddy. That was my morning how was yours? Oh and that's why I'm late." Hannah handed Kev Zegan's bottle. Kev started to feed him "I spilled milk on the floor." Hannah opened a beer and took a sip. "What about Mickey?" Kev asked. Hannah took another sip of beer "won't even pick him up he'll play with him but won't pick him up." "What about your others bothers and your dad?" Tommy asked. Hannah took another sip "fuck off." Hannah watched Zegan as Kev fed him is bottle. Today is gonna be fucking hell she thought to herself.
     Holding a baby in one hand and pouring shots with the other was difficult but Hannah got the hand of it. Frank walked in the bar and took a seat on a bar stool "why the hell do you have a baby?" Hannah gave him a beer "sadly it's your grandson." "Oh let me see" Frank said. Hannah moved so Frank could see Zegan's face. Zegan slept perfectly in Hannah's arm. Hannah's phone buzzed pulling her away from staring at Zegan. It was a text from Ian GET TO YOUR HOUSE NOW!!! ITS YOUR DAD. The worst thoughts went through Hannah's head. "Kev I gotta go something happened at my house" Hannah yelled as she put Zegan in his stroller. Hannah didn't wait for Kev to say she could go she just left.
     Hannah held Zegan close to her as she opened her front door not knowing what she would find behind it. The door swung open to reveal her dad her three other bothers and her boys all covered in blood. Her boys Hannah thought, Carl, Mickey, and Ian. Hannah's blood ran cold. "Why?" was all Hannah could say. Carl took Zegan from her and took him to his crib. Hannah walked up into her dad's face "why? You hurt them because me and Mickey love them because people actually love us and we're good enough for them something we where never for you." Terry was surprised that the daughter that was so scared of him for all her life was sticking up for her and her older brother. Hannah saw how much her dad wanted to hurt her. To make her feel like nothing. Nothing was something she felt to much and for so long. "Me and Mickey aren't nothing we are people we have feelings" now Hannah was yelling spit flying out of her mouth and on to Terry's face. "We will be treated like people even if you don't like it we won't be scared of you anymore" tears were threatening to fall from her eyes. But she wouldn't let that happen she wasn't scared of him anymore. Ian, Mickey, Carl stood in the thick air letting Hannah yell at Terry. Hannah saw how much now her dad wanted to beat her. She would let him for the last time. "Hit me if it makes you feel like a man than do it hit me" Hannah pointed to her face with her eyes closed. "Hit me" she whispered. Ian was breathing heavy onto the back of Mickey's neck. Mickey held his hand and squeezed it lightly showing him it would be ok. Mickey would never do this in front of his dad even after coming out to him. He didn't feel scared anymore it actually felt good. Hannah stood there waiting with her eyes close. Waiting for him to punch her so hard she would fall backward. Terry punched her the impact made her fall to the ground. Mickey, Ian, and Carl jumped on Terry trying to get him off of their girl. Iggy, Joey, and Tony helped Terry fight. Zegan stared to scream and cry hearing all the commotion. Hannah was able to push Terry off of her with Mickey's help.
     Hannah ran into her room. She picked up Zegan and rocked him to try to get him to stop crying. Blood was running down her face coming from anywhere it could. Zegan stoped crying loudly. Hannah was able to put him in his crib without him crying again. She took her phone out of her pocket. Her knuckles where swollen and bruised from punched. Tears still threatened to fall but she still wouldn't let them. Hannah held the phone to her ear. "911 what's your emergency?"