Chapter 10 "Yep It's Only Gonna Get Worst."

Hannah walked into the building. She has been there so many times asking when she could go, what she could do, getting any information that she could get. She put that all behind her this wasn't about her now. It's about Carl. She walked up to the table that said military school and sat down. "Milkovich ready to sign up?" the man on the other side of the table said. Hannah knew him. He helped her get into ROTC and gave her all the information she wanted.
     "No," Hannah said.
     The man noticed her baby bump and pointed at it "Milkovich?" Hannah knew what he met. He knew she lived on the south side. He was asking if the baby's dad ran off.
     "Nope Gallagher," Hannah said.
     "Ian?" Ian always went with her when she came here.
     "Nope Carl."
     "Really heard he got kicked out."
     "Yeah, that's what I'm here for is there a way he could get back in?"
     "I wish I could say yes but no he started the fight."
     "Yeah but he did it because of me it was my ex he said something about me than Carl punched him."
     "I'm sorry but I still have to say no."
     "Ok well, thanks."
     "Hannah have you ever thought of you signing up to go?"
      "I can't anymore it's not a choice."
     "It could be a choice."
     "I'm a Milkovich the only choices I have is to get pregnant or go to jail and I've done both."
     "What happened to Hannah Milkovich running off with the military?"
     "I woke up" Hannah stood up and started to walk away. She got to the door.
    "Hannah you deserve better than the south side," the man told her as she walked out.
     The thought made Hannah's head swirl with different thoughts. Did she deserve better? The ride on the L back to the south side felt longer with her thinking about this. She almost missed her stop.
     "Sorry I'm late," Hannah said as she walked behind the bar at the Alibi. She looked flustered. She started to clean up and do what she could really fast.
     V walked up to her "Hannah it's ok stop breath." Hannah forgot to breathe and calm down.
     She took a big breath "thanks V."
     "Yeah you look like you're just got done running 10 miles" Tommy said.
     "Shut the fuck up Tommy" Hannah snapped at him.
     "Damn Milkovichs," he said back. Hannah looked at him and flipped him off. She was used to people saying things like that so she just brushed it off.
     "So did you try to see if they would let Carl back in?" V asked.
     Hannah sighed "Yeah but they won't let him back in."
     "Why not" V looked mad.
     Hannah stopped wiping off the bar "they say he started the fight so he can't go back that's all they said." Hannah's phone buzzed. She took it out a text from Mickey. You got to get home now. "Shit," Hannah said putting her phone back into the pocket of her jeans. "V can I go Mickey said I have to be home now I'm sorry I was late and stuff" Hannah was babbling.
     V grabbed on to Hannah's shoulders "yes you can go."
     "Thanks, V" Hannah said and started to walk away.
     "Hannah breathe" V yelled. Hannah smiled at her then walked out the door. "That girl has so much on her plate," V said to Tommy.
     Tommy took a sip of beer "yep it's only gonna get worst."
     Hannah walked up to her front porch steps. She could hear the yelling since she got to the gate. She opened the door preparing herself for anything. She walked in and saw Carl getting beat by her dad. Why the fuck is he here? she said to herself. She looked over at Mickey. She could tell he tried to help there was blood on his face and knuckles. "Dad get off of him I'll get him to leave and never come back" Hannah yelled.
      Terry stopped and pointed a finger at her "you get this piece of shit to leave or you get a beat worst than him." Terry walked away. Hannah picked up Carl to his feet by the collar on his shirt. She might have been pregnant but she was still strong.
     She pointed a finger in his face "I don't care if you want to come and see me I'll go to your house but you can't come here you got to fucking leave and never come back you fucking got that?" Hannah let him go "you ever think how much easier this could be if you just listened?" Mickey left knowing that this would be something that had to be only Carl and Hannah.
     Carl cupped Hannah's cheek "but I don't want easy I'm in love with a Milkovich I know I'm not gonna get easy." The days invents made Hannah want to cry. The tears ran down her face fast. She threw herself into Carl's arms. He rubbed her back trying to get her to calm down.
     Hannah pulled away from him and wiped the tears off her face "goodbye."
      "Ok, I get it just know I love you" Carl walked to the door.
     "I love you too" Hannah closed the door behind him.
     Hannah laid on her bed. The thought of her deserving better was still in her head. Mickey walked in. His hair was all wet he must have taken a shower. He sat next to Hannah. "You ok?" He asked.
     "I'm fine," Hannah said.
     Mickey lit a cigarette "you wanna talk about it?" He knew she was lying. Hannah put her head on Mickey's lap. He stroked her hair out of her face.
     Mickey?" She whispered.
     "Hmm," he hummed.
     "I think when I have the baby I gonna move with or without Carl" Hannah seemed completely serious.
     "Ok" was all Mickey could say. He didn't want her to leave. He loved her too much. Way too much. He wiped his eyes.