Chapter 12 "Really Gallagher?"

Hannah looked into the icy blue eyes that she knew so well. How could she know them so well? This was one of the first times she saw them. She looked into them more all that was different from the blue eyes she new is that these ones didn't have so much pain, anger and other mixed emotions behind them. Mickey and Ian walked into the room. Mickey looked mad but Hannah knew how much he hated hospitals so she was just happy he was there. "Baby" Ian screeched like a little girl. Mickey walked over to the bed Hannah was laying on holding her baby boy. Ian quickly followed him. Mickey looked at the baby. He was debating on holding him or not. It's not like he didn't want to he was just afraid of hurting him.
     "You wanna hold him?" Hannah asked.
     Mickey pulled his eyes away from the baby "let Ian hold 'em." Ian pushed Mickey away. He was smiling like an idiot.
     "Gimme gimme," he said staring at the baby. Hannah handed the baby to Ian. The baby was so small compared to Ian's muscular arms.
     "Ian that is my baby," Carl said who was sitting in a chair in the corner of the room. Ian glared at him.
     Mickey finally spoke up "what's his name?"
     Hannah smiled seeing he cared "Zegan Mikhailo Gallagher." Mickey heard the name he hated but at that moment he didn't hate it. He actually felt proud. His baby sister used his name as her baby's middle name. Hannah looked at Mickey hoping that he didn't kill her for his name. Ian still stared at Zegan cuddling him and talking to him. Mickey than thought about Zegan's last name. Really, Gallagher, he thought. It wasn't that he didn't like it he just wished it was Milkovich.
     Mickey thought to ask her about it "Hannah can we talk in the hallway?" Hannah thought yep he hates it he's gonna yell at me and never like the baby. Hannah got up and walked into the hallway. Mickey followed her.
     "Really Gallagher?" Mickey said. Hannah was surprised he didn't say anything about his middle name.
     "Yeah" Hannah looked down.
     Mickey saw this "I'm not mad just why not Milkovich."
     Hannah looked back up at him "ya know how we are treated just because of our last name?" Mickey nodded his head. Hannah went on "I just don't want Zegan to have to go through that I want what's best for him." Mickey understood. She was right they got put through a lot of crap just for their last name. Mickey hugged Hannah. She hugged back. He was actually willing to give her a hug.
     A nurse walked up to them "Mis Milkovich?"
     Hannah pulled away from Mickey "Yeah?"
     "You guys are free to go home," the nurse said with a smile.
     "Thank fucking god I don't think I could be here any longer" Mickey laughed. The nurse quickly walked away.
     Hannah smiled "I think you scared her." They walked back into the room to see Carl and Ian fighting about who was gonna hold Zegan. "Why don't you give me the baby before you drop 'em" Hannah took Zegan from Ian.
     But-" Ian started.
     We're going home anyway" Hannah interrupted him.
     Before Mickey and Hannah could take Zegan to their house they had to stop at the Gallagher's. They walked into the house. Debbie was the first one to greet them "baby baby". She sounded just like Ian when he wanted to hold the baby.
     "Here," Carl handed her Zegan. The rest of the Gallaghers including Kev and V walked out into the living to greet them.
     "Here I know you've been waiting for this" Fiona handed Hannah a beer.
     "Yes," she said taking the beer. Hannah looked over and saw Mickey with a cigarette. "I'll take that too" Hannah took the cigarette from his lips.
     "Hey" Mickey yelled.
     Mickey and Hannah said their goodbyes and left the Gallagher's. Hannah put Zegan in the back seat then sat in the passenger seat. Mickey got in the driver's seat and started to drive to their house. "You'd steal this car?" Hannah asked him.
     Mickey smiled "maybe." Hannah knew what he meant.
     "You'd switch the plates?"
     "Mmm," Mickey answered.
     Hannah laughed "that's my brother thought you were going soft."
     Mickey lost his smile "who said that."
     Hannah looked out the window "no one." Hannah saw the way he looked at Zegan.