Chapter 9 "But It's Also A Gallagher."

Hannah woke up to noise she could hear from down the stairs. She was usually used to noise but for some reason that morning it woke her up. She slowly moved Ian's arm that was around her waist holding her from falling off the small twin-sized bed. She swung her feet off the bed almost kicking Mickey in the face. She stepped over Mickey who was spread out on the floor. He looked so innocent and small when he slept. Hannah wondered if she looked the same way. The only thing that passed them as siblings was their icy blue eyes and maybe their rude and stubborn personalities. Hannah looked up at Carl's bed. She felt a little lonely without him around but she smiled at the thought of him having a better life than her.
Hannah walked down the steps that lead into the kitchen. Debbie was standing at the counter pouring herself a cup of coffee. Liam was sitting at the table eating cereal. "Hey, Hannah want some coffee?" Debbie asked.
     "Yeah," Hannah said and sat next to Liam.
     Fiona walked down the steps "good morning." She walked over to the counter and got herself a bowl of cereal.
     Debbie walked over to Hannah and put a cup of coffee in front of her "how's the baby?"
     "Good" Hannah took a sip of her coffee.
     "Know if it's a boy or a girl yet?" Debbie sat in front of Hannah.
     "No, I kind of stopped going to the clinic," Hannah said.
     Fiona stuffed a spoon full of cereal into her mouth "you just can't stop going to the clinic."
     "Yeah what if something happens to the baby?" Debbie added. Mickey walked down the steps Ian following close behind.
     "What happens to what now?" Ian's voice was raspy.
     "The baby Hannah stopped going to the clinic," Debbie said.
     Mickey took a sip of coffee "oh it will be fine it's a Milkovich." Hannah smiled for Mickey saying something about the baby. She thought he'd never really like it.
     "But it's also a Gallagher," Fiona said staring at Mickey.
     "Looks like we're going to the clinic," Ian said walking towards the steps. Hannah sighed and followed behind Ian.
Carl knocked on the door of the Milkovich house hoping Hannah would answer it. The door opened to reveal Terry. "Fuck" Carl mentally said to himself. Terry took the cigarette out of his mouth and blew smoke into Carl's face "What do you want?"
     "Uhh, I'm here to see Hannah" Carl stuttered over his words.
     Terry threw the cigarette butt off the porch "you're that asshole that got her knocked up aren't ya?" Carl didn't know what to do at that point. What would happen if he said yes? One thing he did learn while he was in military school was not to lie. He should lie only if he was ordered to and right now he wasn't ordered to. The last thing Carl knew to do was run. He spun around on his heel and ran down the steps. Terry ran after him with the rest of Hannah's brothers.
"So you got a little boy," Ian said as they walked out of the clinic.
     "Yep, just another one to add to the Milkovich clan" Mickey lit a cigarette.
     Ian took the cigarette from him "what if it's a Gallagher?"
     Mickey took the cigarette back "what you on your sister's side now." Ian put his hands up in surrender. They walked a little more. Ian just couldn't get the thought of the baby being a Milkovich or a Gallagher out of his head.
     "Damn it's starting to get warm," Hannah said as she wiped the sweat off of her forehead.
     "Hannah ok I really need to know now what is the baby gonna be a Gallagher or a Milkovich?" Ian finally asked.
     "Hannah gave him a weird look "I don't know I really haven't thought about it I think it should be something me and Carl talk about."
They walked down an alleyway that was a short cut to the Alibi. A boy ran into the alleyway from the other way. He ended up running into Mickey. "What the fuck?" Mickey yelled.
     "Shhh your dad and brothers are after me," the boy said out of breath.
     Hannah walked up next to Mickey "Carl?"
     "Hey babe," Carl said.
     Hannah put her hand on Mickey's shoulder "ok Mickey go tell dad that Carl's gone and I'll go take him to V's."
     Mickey threw his cigarette butt on the ground "you owe me, Gallagher." Mickey pointed to Carl.
     Hannah threw her arm around Carl's shoulders "let's go." They walked back the way they came Ian following.
They got on to the sidewalk and stopped walking. Hannah looked at Carl's face "holy shit they got ya good."
     "Yeah." Carl just couldn't wait anymore he leaned down and kissed Hannah. They pulled away from each other and kept walking.
      "So what you do?" Ian asked Carl.
     "What do you mean?" He said confused.
     "We know you got kicked out," Ian said.
     Carl looked down at the ground "Yeah Hannah's ex was there said some stuff about her and I beat him up that bitch snitches faster than ever."
     "He's never gonna learn," Hannah said. They walked a few more blocks.
     "How's the baby?" Carl held Hannah's hand.
     "It's a boy find out today" Hannah smiled.
     "Yes I wanted a boy," Carl said over the moon happy.