Chapter 15 "You Should Call Me That More Often."

Hannah, Mickey, Ian, and Carl held up their middle fingers at the police cars that had Terry, Joey, Tony, and Iggy in them. The cars went around the corner and were not able to be seen from the Milkovich porch. Hannah let the tears spill. Mickey held her stopping her from falling to the floor. "It's ok I got you" he whispered in her ear. Hannah pulled him closer to her crying into his shoulder. They were bloody, bruised, and exhausted.
     "I hate him" Hannah was able to choke out. She wrapped her legs around Mickey's middle. He held her and walked into the house. She was brave for what she did but it still hurt.
Mickey laid her on the couch. Carl sat next to her and pulled her into his arms. Ian and Mickey shared a rough kiss that ended soft. Hannah didn't feel like kissing she just wanted to be held. Carl understood and kissed the top of her head. Ian walked in Hannah's room and picked up Zegan from his crib. He was sleeping but they just need to know he was safe. Ian walked back into the living room with Zegan in his arms. Hannah did this for him. For Zegan to have a better life. One Mickey and her didn't know until they met Ian and Carl. They were silent but it was a good silence. Hannah broke the silence by getting up and grabbing a first aid kit from under the bathroom sink and brought it back into the living room. Hannah sat next to Carl. She pulled off his shirt knowing he was hurt there when she leaned on him and he flinched in pain. She looked at his ribs they were definitely bruised. His knuckles were just bruised and his face was swollen. She then looked at lan. He was the same other than his ribs hurt there was a huge bruise on the middle of his stomach. Mickey was the same as Ian and Carl but his chest was bruised. Hannah's face and knuckles were the only things hurt. They all laid in the living room with bags of ice and frozen peas on bruised and swollen areas.
They decided to go to bed an hour later after all of them took showers. Carl and Hannah laid in Hannah's bed staring at each other. "Carl, where did you go this morning?" Hannah asked. Hannah had to know he promised her he wouldn't sell drugs anymore.
     Carl moved Hannah's hair from her face "I got you a promise ring. I was gonna wait and do something special to give it to you but I'll do it now." Carl got up and went to his jeans that were laying on the floor in the corner of the room. Hannah felt cold without him next to her. Carl got a small black velvet box and climbed back into bed. He pulled out one small black band. Hannah smiled and straddled him. Carl took her right hand "I Carl Gallagher promise not to sell drugs, protect you, never keep anything from you, always be there, be your man, give you great sex, and to love you forever. I promise." He slipped the ring onto Hannah's right ring finger. The inside of the ring said I promise -Carl.
     "I love you" Hannah leaned down to kiss him.
     Carl flipped them over so he was on top of Hannah "I love you more." His lips met Hannah's and a heated make-out session started. Zegan started to cry.
     Hannah pushed Carl's chest "daddy someone's calling you."
     Carl got up "you should call me that more often."