Chapter Forty One

Might Guy busted through the doorway, his students awkwardly standing behind him.

"Hello fellow squad!!! We have come to the rescue!!!" The green suited man gave a thumbs up, his teeth magically glinting in the moonlight as he grinned.

You and Sasuke both groaned in unison, your heads drooping slightly. You could already feel the energy being sucked out of your soul and feeding Guy's spirit.

"Guy, please calm down. We have an injured person here who doesn't need to hear you screaming on the top of your lungs." Kakashi gestured for the green clothed man to settle down.

"Oh right!! I am sorry about that!!"

"Quieter."

"Okay!"

The silver haired man sighed in exasperation. "Anyways, why don't the rest of you come inside."

Guy's three students stood around Sakura's cot, watching her with concern. The one who was the most distraught seemed to be a slightly shorter version of Guy. He had tears streaming down his face as his lips quivered.

"Oh my sweet cherry blossom! What has caused you to wilt, so." He leaned down and clasped Sakura's pale hand, planting a gentle kiss on her fingers.

Sasuke gave him a look of disgust, crossing his arms as he stared at the floor. What angst.

"So Tsunade sent you four, did she?" Kakashi asked in question. His tone sounded innocent, but his face revealed how unimpressed he was that the Hokage sent the most obnoxious man in Konoha to save a dying girl.

Guy didn't seem to notice, or just didn't care, instead giving the silver haired man another thumbs up. "Of course she did! Only my team would be qualified for such a tedious mission!"

One of his students mumbled to herself, arms crossed. She was clearly not impressed by his enthusiasm.

You tapped Kakashi on the shoulder and he looked at you in question. You gestured to Guy's three students. The silver haired man's face brightened up.

"Ah yes! I still need to introduce you to Guy's students. Everyone, this is (Y/N), my intern. She uh... can't talk right now..."

You gave him a look and he shrugged, scratching the back of his neck.

"It is an honor to meet you, (Y/N)-sensei! I am Rock Lee!" Mini-Guy introduced himself. You stuck a hand out and he shook it. Aggressively. And for what seemed like several minutes. Then mini-Guy's female teammate loudly cleared her throat and he dropped his hand in embarrassment.

The girl stepped toward you, hands on her hips. "Nice to meet you, (Y/N)-sensei. My name is Ten Ten."

You gave her a polite nod and she returned it. You noticed how she kept her brown hair in twin buns and wore a pink qipao.

Then the third teammate gave you a slight wave. "My name is Neji Hyuga."

He had long brown hair and gray eyes, like the ones that Kurenai's student had... maybe they were related?

His quick introduction reminded you of when you first met Sasuke. The dark haired boy had been cold like ice back then, and now... he was kinda lukewarm.

"So, (Y/N)-sensei... do you not like talking?" Mini-Guy, well, Lee asked.

Kakashi opened his mouth to respond but you stopped him, scribbling an explanation down on your notepad.

I usually talk, I just can't because I got throttled to the point where my windpipes bleed when I breathe too deeply.

Silence passed through the crowd of ninja and literal crickets chirped outside.