Chapter Six

Warning: Abuse is mentioned in this chapter!!!

"(Y/N), what did I say about no facial expressions?"

Fuyu-sensei slammed the ruler down into your wrists as hard as she could.

You tried your best not to flinch, but your arms still had red welts from previous lashings that hurt even more after your teacher's most recent one.

Fuyu-sensei laughed at your pain, raising your chin with the end of the ruler.

"What's the matter (Y/N)? Feeling sad again?" She mocked the look on your face, cackling with laughter.

This time, you knew not to react, instead absorbing your teacher's words and blasting them back at her through your eyes.

Fuyu-sensei seemed almost taken aback by your eyes, gasping in surprise.

"They have awakened!" She exclaimed. The teacher looked down at you, a cruel smile on her face.

"Come little one, we shall share this wonderful news with the Council. You will be my little puppet ninja, won't you?"

You whimpered as Fuyu-sensei gripped your wrist harshly and dragged you down the hall.

The Council was scary, a group of people in masks. They didn't have any feelings, it was like they weren't human.

They made you feel unsettled so you tried fighting against Fuyu-sensei's grip.

"No!" You cried, refusing to go with her.

The woman glared at you hatefully, throwing you backwards so you landed on your back.

"You little bitch! Don't tell me what to do! I am your aunt and you will do as I say! Do it or die!" She wrapped her hands around your neck and banged your head into the wood floor, stars entering your vision.

"Please, stop." You struggled against her. But your eyes grew heavy until you fell unconscious. Before you blacked out, you felt warm breath tickle your ear, a sickly sweet stench of death filling your nostrils.

"You're my little puppet now."

You sat straight up in bed, tears rolling down your face silently as you looked around frantically. You relaxed, remembering you were no longer in the Hidden Night Village. Your childhood home.

You shivered as the flashback you had dreamt about came back to you.

You curled up under the covers, trying to get back to sleep before the nightmares crept back. But you couldn't bring yourself to, not after having Aunt Fuyu plague your dreams.

You sighed and slid out of bed, checking the clock. It was 2 am.

You slipped on a pair of clothes and your cloak, taking your coin purse and key as you left the apartment.

You needed fresh air, something that had been frequently denied from you during your childhood.

Breathing in the cool night air, you strolled down the street.

You could still remember the sickly stench of decaying bodies, something you had been forced to endure multiple times.

You rubbed your eyes, another headache ensuing. It was going to be a long night.