Chapter Nineteen

After the hot springs incident, your team quickly made it back to Konoha with no more issues.

After quickly checking in with Lady Tsunade, who also reprimanded you all on getting caught up in foreign affairs, but also letting it slide because you prevented a war, you were allowed two days to relax before training would start up again.

"A break, a break, Tsunade gave us a break!" Naruto said in a singsong voice.

Sasuke scoffed. "How immature can you be?"

The blonde boy glared at him. "I am not immature! At least I have a soul, Emo Boi."

You raised a brow, hearing the boy use your made up nickname to mock Sasuke.

The dark haired boy glared at Naruto, storming off angrily.

"Sasuke, wait!" Sakura tried to run after him, but you stopped her.

"Let him go, Sakura. He just needs some alone time. He did just endure about six days with Naruto."

The pinkette sighed, looking down at the ground sadly. You patted her shoulder.

"Cheer up! I'll buy you a crepe or something."

Her face immediately lit up. "Really? Thanks sensei."

You ruffled her hair, both of you walking down the street to a small crepe shop you had passed once on your way to practice.

"I'm going to stock up my apartment with ramen. Bye guys!" Naruto called to you both as he scampered off.

Kakashi also said his good byes, saying he needed to take care of some business.

As you walked toward the shop, you saw a group of about six Genin approaching, all wearing a variety of different outfits.

You lit up when you saw Ino was one of them. "Ino Yamanaka? Remember me?" You called out.

They all turned to you, the blonde haired girl lighting up when she saw you.

"Hey, (Y/N)! Oh, hey Sakura." She glared at the pinkette beside you.

You watched in amusement as the two girls seemed to have a mental battle, staring each other down. It almost seemed like sparks were flying in between them.

"Ugh... this is such a drag." A spiky haired boy with earrings groaned in complaint. The boy beside him patted his shoulder.

"They'll end it soon, don't worry Shikamaru."

You weren't sure what to do, waiting until Sakura and Ino's battle finally ended.

They both simultaneously stepped away from each other, a smirk on their faces.

"How does it feel to lose, billboard brow?"

"I wouldn't know, since you're the loser, Ino-pig!"

Sparks began to fly again, but this time you intervened.

"Can you two just cut it out for a second? We just got back from a mission and I am dying for a crepe. Ino and Genin gang, you are free to join Sakura and I. But I am NOT paying for all of you."

You stepped in between the two girls, giving them both reprimanding looks.

Ino sighed, looking over at her group. "Shikamaru, Choji! What do you guys wanna do?"

The red haired boy with extra weight next to Shikamaru brightened up. "Let's eat some crepes! I'd never pass up an opportunity to eat food!"

Ino sighed again, looking over at the remaining three Genin. "What about you guys?"