fifty four

yuuri's pov

"phichit..."

"give me the fucking wine first."

i sigh and walk back to the couch, my brain in two places at once.

i know phichit will be nothing but understanding if i go to russia- i'll probably fly out tomorrow morning. but the guilt is eating me alive... if i get on that plane, phichit will be alone. broken. hurt. conflicted. and i promised myself years ago that i would never let anyone feel that way. not after i'd spent 23 years feeling that way.

but if i don't go to russia...

i could loose victor. i would loose everything we had. he was like a human home rather than a person. loosing him... i can't even imagine or talk about. i don't have the words for it.

so acting on impulse, and if we're talking about life and death here, i just blurted out "i need to go to russia."

"excuse me?"

"i-i've been meaning to tell you. victor's in big trouble. and i feel so shitty about the whole thing, because now this has just happened with you and seung and i should stay here but-"

"yuuri, go."

i looked at him in shock, "are you sure though?"

he smiled, tears still filled the pools of his eyes which broke my heart. "i'm serious. i know how much victor means to you. and seeing you too so happy together makes me happy and believe in love again, which is kinda what i need right now."

i lunged forward and hugged him like he just found the cure for cancer, "you're the best. literally. i knew you would get it." i started to tear up like the big pussy i am, but i think i would reserve all the crying for phichit tonight. i'll one hundred percent cry on victor's shoulder tomorrow.

"go!! pack your suitcase, i'll check the flight times!!"

-

turns out, the next flight was in four hours.

four. fucking. hours.

do you know how hard it is to pack, get to the airport, check in, and get on the plane in four fucking hours?! we didn't even have time to sing any 2000's songs that were on the radio in the car.

eventually however, i landed in st.petersburg and the cold air smacked me in the face (harder than yurio probably when i see him) as soon as i stepped off the plane, and the russian signposts screamed at me where to go but of course, i had no idea what the fuck they all said.

plisetsky!atthedisco- go out the front entrance and turn right, keep walking until you see a lil path and i'll be there (im too broke to park in the actual airport, sorry :/)

yuurikatsudon - wow okay if i get lost its ur fault

plisetsky!atthedisco- IM SORRY

i managed to the front entrance, but getting past a big crowd of businessmen was harder than i thought.
russia was scary. everything was so much bigger- and the people were terrifying. like pee your pants terrifying. they looked down on me- as if i was a fly on a fancy dinner.

i muttered ten thousand excuse me's to ten thousand people in the way, and it was all going fairly smoothly until i lost focus and walked straight into a tall man.
a very, very tall man at that. i'd say he stood at 6 foot 4- platinum hair, striking blue eyes, skin white like a milkshake. he looked down on me then dusted off his suit, me muttering about a thousand apologies at once as he grabbed his briefcase and walked into the airport.
another man followed behind him, walking speedy to catch up with him and i vaguely heard him whisper 'wasn't that him? the boy, sir?' but i probably heard wrong. i hadn't slept a wink- so it was probably all in my head.

after giving the most apologies i have in my life and bumping into another ten people (curse my general clumsiness and my shitty glasses) i made it to the path where yurio said he'd meet me.
and there he was. it didn't take long at all- look for the mini black car with vans resting on the wheel, loud music blaring out the speakers, and the tiger jumper gleaming through the window.

as soon as yurio saw me, his eyes lit up like a new puppy and he opened the car door, waddled over and fell into my chest.
(this was not graceful- he almost tripped over my suitcase and i almost tripped him up myself- i wasn't expecting a sixteen year old to be falling on top of me today).

"thank you for coming. you don't even know. like, you really don't-"

"shhh, it's okay. i did what i had to do," i said softly, not wanting anyone else to hear. i ruffled his hair slightly, him grumbling in response but he didn't look like he cared hugely.

"okay then, let's get you to the asshole himself."

"oh really? i thought that was you."

another scowl was earned, followed by a laugh. i was baffled with the way yurio was acting- it seemed so out of his cold-hearted, careless character.

but i was loving it. it was almost like having a son around.

-
sorry this was so bad, im still sick and im tired but i wanted to update before i go away :(
the next chapter will probably be the epilogue (maybe one more, im not sure) and then that'll be this story over :( what a ride.  i can't thank u enough for reading, commenting, voting and showing ur love. i see u all and i love u :(

come see me on instagram!! @ilooklikeaspoon (u can follow me or talk to me or just watch me be a dumbass on my story- anythin is fine, i just wanna talk to u all)

love u!!!

c xxx