forty two

victor's pov

where does yuuri keep the sugar??

i should know this. it should be essential in every relationship that we both know where we keep the sugar. how can i be a good boyfriend and not know where he keeps the sugar? this is abysmal.

the cupboard on the left hand side seems to be glowing. surely... surely it has to be this one...

BINGO!!

i scoop two teaspoons each in our cups of tea, and ponder back upstairs to the corridor of endless doors.
the last one on the right hand side... there we go. oh good, he's awake!

oh, he doesn't look happy.

"good morning my love, what's with the angry face?"

"you left me." he glared at me, as i tilt my head in confusion.

"when i woke up, you were gone. i thought you died and i was cold," he looked down at the covers shyly, "and i had no one to cuddle. i'm disappointed."

i almost kicked over the bedside table as i dove into the bed and pulled him close to my chest, his head fitting perfectly under my chin. his hair smelt like family christmas and cosy nights by the fire and all things great, and his skin felt like silk as his hand found mine under the covers.

"better?"

"better."

i held back a laugh, "you're not you when you're hungry."

yuuri lifted his head, the look of sheer disappointment on his face, "you didn't."

"oh, but i did." i grinned, pressing a kiss to his temple, which made him go quiet.

meaning, i won.

-

"what do you think happens when birds go blind? do they just... stop flying out of fear that they'll bump into a tree and die??"

"well yuuri, what would you do if you were a bird and went blind?"

"probably just not move for the rest of my life."

"you'd get chubby."

"what are you trying to say?!" yuuri turned to me and slapped my arm, giggling.

we migrated into the living area since everyone was out and were trying to get as much quality cuddle time as we could, as we both knew i had to go back to russia in two days. yuuri was currently snuggled in between my legs, my arms wrapped around him and tracing pointless patterns into his stomach, his hair tickling the apples of my cheeks. and having a conversation about blind birds, apparently.

yuuri sighed and relaxed against me, "i need to come and stay with you in russia soon."

i buried my face in his hair, "i know, and i want you to more than anything. but i don't want to keep pulling you away from your skating. you should focus on that first. but right now, don't worry about me too much. focus on your mom, yuuri, she needs you."

"right." he went quiet, and the regret built up as i realised talking about her must be a sensitive topic.

"you don't have to talk about it if you don't want to, but how is she?" i tightened my arms around him.