thirteen

yuurikatsudon- i literally cannot feel my legs

v-nikiforov- that's what happens when you don't stand up for 6 hours baby

yuurikatsudon- i'm surprised i didn't need to pee, i drank like 3 glasses of champagne

v-nikiforov- yuuri no

yuurikatsudon- yuuri yES

i stumbled off the plane, barely taking in the air hostess muttering the cliché "thank you for flying with us!" as my head felt like it was floating above my body because of the champagne. as i enter the actual airport, i send a phichit a quick text telling him i've arrived and glance round at the signs, unsure where to go.
they're all in thai.
if i listened to phichit trying to teach me thai 4 years ago, it would've came in handy right about now.

i keep my clammy fingers crossed as i turn left, sighing in relief as soon enough i see the carousel where the cases are being brought out.
luckily my case was one of the first to appear, and i check my phone and see a text from phichit telling me to meet him at the entrance.

'he's gonna be pissed that i got tipsy without him...' i mutter to myself and squint my eyes in attempt to look for the boy, cursing myself for forgetting my glasses.

yuurikatsudon- i'm at the entrance, i can't see you anywhere!

phichit.chu- look behind you spoon

before i can fully turn around, i'm being tackled in a hug. all i can see is a cloud of black hair over my eyes as i pull him away and see phichit  grinning widely.

"katsuki."

"chulanont."

we smile and embrace in a bro hug once more (we do this when we're trying to act normal in public. phichit hates bro hugs, he says they're 'too straight') and i glance down at a suspicious heavy bag on his shoulder.

"don't tell me that's..."

"i will tell you, actually. you better be grateful yuuri, that's more than 40 dollars i've spent on us" he smirks and starts to lead me to his car.
"so, how was the flight?"
"alright, i drank too much champagne though and my bladder hates me." i slur and notice phichit's hurt expression.
"you drank without me?! i need to catch up!" the boy says in a panic, suddenly speeding up to get to his car.
"phichit i'm not letting you drink and drive, are you insane?!!" i try to pull his wrist back, but even thought phichit is shorter than me, he's surprisingly strong.

"no, we're getting back to my apartment as soon as possible to get wasted! cars are a place for eating mcdonalds at 2am and singing your hearts out only."

"glad to see you've matured." i chuckle as i open the door to the front seat, phichit getting in beside me as he plugs his phone in with an aux chord.

"what you in the mood for? oldies? emo? kpop? whatever floats your bo- OH MY GOD I FORGOT I GOT THE 1975'S NEW ALBUM!!" he almost throws his phone out the window with excitement, as we spend the rest of the drive to his apartment with the car roof down, screaming lyrics into the city lights.
as the wind was blowing through my dark hair, with somehow in my drunken state ending up using phichit's foot as a microphone, i felt free.
all the worries about all my life struggles were out the window in that moment. my weight, returning to skating again, and victor, all somewhat...disappeared.

no, scratch that. thinking about victor somehow made the moment even better.

-
need to write more but fucking exams ugghhh
sorry if this chapter was shitty im writing this while rAPIDLY LOOKING THROUGH MATH NOTES

c xxx