twelve

yuuri's pov

yuurikatsudon - away to leave hatsetsu then realised i'd forgotten my suitcase, smart yuuri👌🏼

v-nikiforov- well done dork, have a safe flight! 🛫❤️

i gleamed at victor's words as i eventfully left my home in japan. i piled myself (and my case this time) into a taxi, and sat daydreaming out of the window about... life.

some things could be better, but i have a ridiculously supportive family and i'm gonna be spending my days with my bestest friends again. also starting to skate again has made me realise how much i've missed being on the ice, and the fact i can skate everyday now is enough to make me jump for joy.
and then there's victor.
i can't put my finger on why he's decided to stay with me for this long, but whatever the reason, i'm so happy he did.
i wouldn't be doing this if it wasn't for him.

these thoughts made my cheeks dust slightly pink, and as i was squishing my slightly chubby cheeks against the glass i felt a vibration against my leg.

*phitchit is calling...*

without hesitation, i press accept.

"WHATS UP FUCKER!!!"

"phitchit please, i'm in a taxi." i chuckle slightly.

"good, that's what i was hoping. how longs your flight? i can't wait to see you mofo, the rink has literally been dead without our banter, i miss our friendship."

"so you miss getting drunk at 4am? 'cos i really do. and it's around 6 hours, so i should land around 7." i sigh happily.

phitchit was my rink mate/best friend when i was skating in thailand. we did everything together and yes, get drunk at 4am on certain occasions.
he knew everything about me and vice versa. he was the only person (apart from my parents) who knew about my anxiety, and would go to great lengths to calm me down.
we were inseparable, and from the excitement we were both feeling we both couldn't wait to be reunited again.

"that's fab my friend, i'll see you at the gate! i'll be the one carrying 27 bottles of vodka and the entire box set of friends."

"that's the phitchit i know! i'll see you in 6 hours!" i chirp happily and hang up, and before i know it, i'm standing waiting to board the plane with a starbucks in my hand and a russian man on my mind.

i hope you all had a fantabulous christmas!! ❤️

c xxx