thirty nine

yuuri's pov

nothing was processing.

i stood there like a lemon, completely frozen, but my heart strings tugged me closer.
and closer. and closer.

before i could realise that my boyfriend victor fucking nikiforov was right in front of my eyes, i was running. tears began to form in those crystal pools of his, and as i ran closer before collapsing in his chest i managed a glance at those beautiful pools.

the blue sparkled with the shitty midnight lighting, glowing up the whole room and lighting up a spark in me, giving me those fuzzy tummy feelings.
he's perfect.

this man is literally perfect. it's unfair.

i collapsed into his chest, my arms tightly locked around his waist and his securely wrapped around my shoulders, burying his nose in my hair as he swayed me side to side.
the only thing i could think of was finally. i'd wanted this for so long; just to hug him, touch him, know that he's real. because sometimes, he seems too angelic to even be a human being. however, people like that really do exist.
and he's here.
he smelled like peppermint and autumn strolls in the park, his hands holding me away from all the dangers in the world.
apart from there was none, currently. we were in an onsen reception in the middle of japan. but i'm trying to be romantic.

his arms began to loosen as he looked like he was trying to take it all in, which i don't blame him for. his eyes widened and he burst into joyous laughter, the sound like music to my ears as i melted into him; like victor was the marshmallow and i was the chocolate fondue.
"yuuri!" a choked sob escaped his lips (i was so tempted to kiss it away) as he suddenly picked me up and spun me in a circle, i giggled in response and he hastily put me down and backed away.

"huh?" i questioned, victor looking at me like i have two heads.

"i just realised something."

that voice is gonna make me orgasm on the spot one day.

i looked at him and urged him to continue, missing his warmth already.

"... you are so beautiful. sorry to almost kill you there, but i needed to get a proper look at you. and holy shit, is it legal to get married right now? i didn't even realise my yuuri has faint little freckles, look!"

his yuuri. nothing has ever sounded more right.

~

the time on the kitchen clock read 1:13am. i was standing in the kitchen making me and victor both tea, sneaking glances at him as he was sprawled on the couch opposite. he hadn't stopped smiling since he stepped foot in the inn, and with every move he made his smile only got wider and his cheeks glowed that little bit more.

it made me so happy. he made me so happy.
the best thing about this whole deal was that not one moment was awkward. it was never like we pondered over each other, unsure of what to say. our hearts spoke for us. we shared comfortable silence with each other, unexpected tears, laughter, and long-awaited hugs all in the first few minutes and not one bone in me bit felt uncomfortable. which was... nice. really nice.

"what's on your mind, my lovely? you've been staring at the mug for almost 30 seconds." victor said softly, as if every word he spoke was going to break me; as if i was a vase.

"this is some really good tea." i replied.

victor chuckled, "spill it, sister."