forty

victor's pov

out of my 28 years of being alive, coming to japan for yuuri is the best decision i have ever made.
in the short space of three hours, he's taught me how to make japanese tea, how to say hello and i love you in japanese, and how japanese and russian schools are not one bit alike. and it's these moments that i love the most, the things we'll probably forget in a couple hours but it's okay because it's victor and yuuri.

"and then we all take out our bento boxes and all sit and eat in the classroom-"

"you're allowed to eat in the classroom?! not fair!"

yuuri laughed, his giggles sounding like deluxe melted icing, "wait, you weren't?!"

"nope." i pressed my lips on his pulpy hair, strands sticking out at every angle (this was all my fault. i'd pressed my face into his hair a thousand times, it was so soft)

"weird." he put his mug of tea back on the bedside table and turned to me, "come on, sleepyhead. you've had a long day, you should get some sleep."

"i'm not tired one bit!" i protest, desperately trying to rub any signs of sleep deprivation out of my eyes.

"either you sleep here, or you stay awake and i force you to go in the spare room by yourself. which means, no cuddles."

my eyes widen in shock as i stand up, yuuri giving me a cheeky smirk in return. "how dare you. yuuri katsuki, who knew you could be such a cruel creature?"

he slaps my stomach (not too hard, it's yuuri we're talking about) and turns with both our empty mugs, " get changed. i'll be back soon, and you better be in bed."

i sigh. "whatever you say, jesus."

i obeyed yuuri's orders and snuggled up in his bed, admiring how squishy and soft everything was- kind of like yuuri himself. the bed was warm, but too cold at the same time because my personal body heater had decided to abandon me.

"victor, you look like you're away to cry." yuuri interrupted my thoughts, stifling a laugh.

"i just... can't believe i'm here. it doesn't feel real yet, you know?"

yuuri pulled the covers back and crawled into bed beside me, his frizzy hair nuzzling into the crook of my neck and intertwining our hands for the millionth time that night.

"yeah, me neither." yuuri's voice was calming, sighing happily as i wrapped one arm around him, cuddling him closer.
we stayed like that for a few minutes, enjoying the warmth radiating off of each other and the comforting silence that lingered in the atmosphere; until yuuri gasped breathily.

"hey, are you okay baby?" i whispered, sitting up slightly.

"no, don't move." he clung onto my waist slightly, lowering me back down, "it's just, you're russian."

"i'm glad you noticed."

"russia's cold."

"what are you getting at, captain obvious?" i chuckle, kissing his nose. (earning the most adorable blush i'd ever seen)

"so you're from russia, but you're literally a human heater? how's that work?" yuuri sounded distressed, his eyes full of dread hidden behind the tease that boy is full of.

i laughed properly this time, wrapping my other arm around him and pulling him on top of me. his face was so close our noses could almost touch, and i could feel his breath on my cheeks.

oh god, here we go. the classic first kiss cliché.

soon...

any minute now...

"sorry." yuuri speaks up, grinning, "i'm not kissing you when your breath smells like that."

-
am i funny yet
also sorry this is so short :')

HI GO FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM IF YOU HAVENT ALREADY, ITS @ilooklikeaspoon :)) but i warn u I'm ugly and sad

lov u dorks ❤️

c xxx