164: I Could Take Back Control Whenever I Want

"Adelaide?" Mom asked, and then waited a second to make sure she had her daughter's attention. "Do you need me to change your diaper now?"

"No!" Adi shook her head vigorously, trying to make it as clear as possible. "I can do it!"

"You're just a baby, dear. You couldn't even walk this morning, and I want to make sure you're properly clean. You want to be a good girl, don't you?"

Adi could only nod. Of course Mom wanted the best for her. She wanted to make sure Adi was safe in the times she couldn't look after herself, and at the same time Adi knew that she wouldn't be able to say 'no' to a grown-up. She had to be good, if she wanted to persuade them that she was a big girl.

"Oh, or would you rather Toni do it when she arrives?" Mom hesitated. "She's your Mommy this time around, isn't she?"

Adi found a grin spreading across her face, as she thought about Toni being back again. It made her so happy every time they were together, and she really didn't mind having her diaper changed like a little baby as long as it was Toni doing it. Maybe it would delay the journey a few minutes, but...

Adi's train of thought drifted off the tracks, as she remembered something she should have thought of a lot sooner. Toni made her feel comfortable, and safe, and giggly. But if she was as smart as everyone said she was, Adi knew that she didn't want her girlfriend to change her diaper now. But how could she explain that? She didn't have the right words, and any that she could say might easily offend Toni. She felt so frustrated, unable to communicate, and wondered if it was this hard for a real kid learning to speak.

"Uh-uh," she contented herself by shaking her head. "You change?" She couldn't even lok at Mom once she'd said it, and needed to hide her face behind her hands, but at least she was – if she'd understood correctly – one tiny step closer to being able to act and think like an adult.

"If that's what you want, dear," Mom just shrugged, and took Adi's hand to help her walk to her room without falling. She couldn't pick Adi up anymore, she didn't have Toni's formidable strength, but sometimes one hand could be just as reassuring.

* * *

While her mother changed her diaper, showing no surprise that she'd been shaved down there, Adi tried to get all of her thoughts in a line. It was hard, because even without the mobile running there were so many pretty things around the room that might grab her attention. But she knew she needed to think, and she knew that she was smart enough to find a way out of her current predicament if she could just keep her mind on the right path.

Some time before, when she'd first thought about allowing herself to become a baby as a game with her girlfriend, Adi had agreed to some enhancements to her posthypnotic suggestions. She'd been nervous about it at the time, but also a little excited, and it had seemed like something that might work in a practical sense, as well as testing the limits of the hypnosis. She'd managed to overrule the suggestion that made her wet herself as soon as she heard her name, by replacing it with something that was a little more babyish. Now, it seemed that suggestion was coming back to bite her in ways she'd never anticipated.

If Toni was going to diaper her, then hearing her name and becoming a baby wouldn't make her bladder empty immediately. It meant that Toni could surprise her with the trigger, and she wouldn't be leaving a puddle on the floor before she was diapered. And then once Toni put her in a diaper, she would have no potty training as long as she wore it. That was more babyish than a single wetting, which was probably why she'd been able to change the suggestion like that when other changes had failed. And it meant that someone else – Mom maybe? – had changed her this morning, while she was too young to think. That would explain why she'd been able to hold it again.

But thinking back, Adi was pretty sure she remembered the words clearly. She hadn't told the hypnotic suggestion that she'd wet herself as soon as she felt the need for as long as she was wearing a diaper. She'd said that she would have no potty training as long as Toni diapered her, which was a big difference. Could her subconscious mind have understood that, even when the thought didn't occur to her? She'd never even imagined messing her diapers, but in hindsight it seemed an unavoidable consequence of having no potty training. And that's how it had turned out, just as soon as she'd stayed in baby-mode long enough for it to make a difference.