120: Everything I Do is My Own Choice

Adi woke up and rubbed her eyes. For a couple of seconds she wasn't quite sure where she was. This wasn't her bed, she was sure, and it wasn't her room at Mom's house either. She was comfortable though, and she didn't need to think any more until she'd had time to wake up properly. It wasn't urgent, there was no alarm sounding to wake her and the morning light outside the curtains was the warm glow of early summer, without a beam of light stabbing in to wake her up.

As she woke up more, she realised that she was still home, or the only home that mattered these days. She was lying in Toni's bed, covered by a grey-and-navy duvet that she'd soon so many times before. There was no question who the arm draped loosely around her shoulders belonged to, or the face buried in the hair at her shoulder.

"Babe," she muttered, and smiled slowly.

"Babe," Toni's voice echoed. "You fell asleep in the middle of the movie."

"I had a long day. I think." Adi tried to remember a little more of the previous night. There wasn't anything really big to remember, just a night of relaxed acceptance. Toni had changed her diaper twice, making sure she was still comfortable, and each time the movie had finished one of them could think of something else that sounded interesting enough to watch.

"A lovely day."

"That's good."

"And the radio... they said my name. They really did, I wasn't expecting it at all. And I tried, I really tried but I couldn't hold it. I'm sorry, Babe."

"And you were wearing the cutest jeans in your wardrobe. Coincidence?"

"I just... I didn't mean to. I'm sorry, Babe."

"You don't need to apologise to me. I enjoy treating you like a baby sometimes, remember? And I thought you'd decided you wanted a little spanking. So I hope I didn't hurt you."

"No," Adi said quietly, trying to think back. "No, it was a bit weird. Like it didn't hurt that much, just stings a bit. But every time you hit me, I wanted more and more to be a good girl. To please you. I think I would have done anything then to make you happy, and it felt like we were so close. I don't know why, but..."

"That's some pretty heavy philosophy for eight in the morning, Babe."

"I'm in a philosophical mood," Adi giggled a little. She felt cared for, and safe. And she could comfortably speak her mind without fear of alienating the less educated people around her. She thought about that for a second as well, and wondered just how much she'd been underestimating her closest friends. She was a genius, she'd known that for as long as she could remember. But she couldn't think of a single instance where Toni had failed to understand her. Or Britney either. Adi started to think that she could have learned a lot, if she'd just been smart enough to listen to them without waiting for a crisis in her life.

They lay like that for ten minutes, or it could have been longer. Adi realised she'd actually slept with her girlfriend for the first time, even if nothing particularly exciting had happened. This closeness was all that really mattered, and she didn't want to move for as long as she could avoid it.

She couldn't lie like that all day, though. For all she didn't want to move away from Toni, a protest from her bladder told her that she'd have to move sooner or later. She shifted slightly, and noticed the weight of her diaper for the first time. She didn't know if she'd wet before going to sleep, or sometime in the night, but it was clear that she hadn't thought about using the bathroom. Toni had diapered her, and right away she had no control at all.

Adi lay there for a few minutes wondering what had changed. She was still diapered, but she wasn't feeling particularly childish now. Maybe it was because she'd slept; even though the baby behaviour said she'd have no potty training until she was changed, it seemed that she'd reverted to normal overnight. Or maybe despite all the things she'd told herself about how long she was going to stay a baby, there was a maximum time it could last in between hearing her name.

She didn't know what the exact rules were, and she decided that it didn't really matter when she was this happy. All she wanted was to keep lying here with her girlfriend. And that was easier than she might have thought. Because even with her mind full of philosophy and romantic thoughts, she was still wearing a diaper, and there was nobody who'd know if she was still affected by the suggestions or not. Adi closed her eyes and breathed out slowly. She still found herself hesitating, but when she reminded herself that Toni had diapered her, and that she should have no potty training, it took only a little effort to let go.

Her diaper grew warmer again, and just a little heavier. And Adi leaned back into her girlfriend's caring arms with a sigh. She had everything she could ever want, right here.