31: Truth is no Stranger than Fiction

"Brit?" Adi asked, as soon as she thought she was on her own.

"Yeah. What happened?"

"Phone battery. Always the worst time, right?"

"Yeah. Anyway, I was saying. You know there's a stories archive attached to the site where you got those hypnosis files? There's dozens of stories on there, some that claim to be real and some that are just fluff. But I figured some of them have some advice that might be useful. About ways to break hypnosis, or the best outfits for hiding a diaper in public, or whatever. I've got a list of stories that might be worth checking out, just in case this doesn't go back to normal right away."

"That's great, thanks. I guess that's why Toni calls you her wingman?"

"Not quite, but close. Anyway, do you want me to go through these stories and break down the worthwhile bits? Or should I just send you a list to check out?"

"Might as well–" Adi started, and then realised just how much time she was asking her friend to invest in solving her problem. She never felt like she'd really needed help before, and she didn't want to be asking too much. "Maybe you can read some if you've got the time. But I should do my own work. Can you give me like, a top ten or something?"

"Sure. Should I text you the list or... Will your phone be back up soon? Or should I send you an email?"

"I'm pretty sure one of Garfield's creepy hacker friends has been reading my email. Just tell me the list? I got a pen here."

"Okay. It's worth looking into, anyway. The first one is the diaries of some guy who wants to turn into a baby boy, and these stories of all the disastrous blind dates where he tells some poor girl about this fetish. But in between the dates, he's got a decent run-down of different kind of baby behaviours, and which ones are easiest to hide. Maybe some tips there on hiding your diapers. Or if you end up replacing one baby behaviour with another, that might help you to find some that are less disruptive to your life."

"Yeah, that sounds good," Adi nodded, picking up the pen from the little table and pulling the cap off with her mouth. She would never have thought of looking into something like that, and then she would have been at a loss. To her, the lack of any books on hiding baby hypnosis would have been a stumbling block, but Britney had just seen it as a reason to rephrase the question. "I underestimate you, you know? So what's this story?"

"It's just 'Dear Mommy'. There's no author's name, but that seems to be common. Guess they want to stay anonymous."

"Yeah, half the files are anonymous." Adi shifted the phone to her left hand, using her right hand to make a note.

"You got that? The next thing I found is a set of three books. More practical information, but it looks like there's a lot of the same information in there. It's about all the adult baby stuff, and there's a whole section about wearing diapers in public. Like, how to get noticed, and how not to. There's a section on how to reverse potty training as well, like letting –"

"Well I certainly don't want that!"

"Yeah, something to avoid, though. Like if this hypnosis thing is making you wet yourself regularly, you need to be careful that you don't weaken those muscles. So I thought you might want to check that out."

"Yeah, I guess. I take it these are books people have scanned in, not just stories. But still posted on that site?"

"Yeah. The first one's called 'I Wanna Be A Baby: An Adult Baby Transition Guide'. Then there's 'I Still Wanna Be A Baby', which has a bunch of extra stuff in that different people have suggested, and 'I Wanna Be a Baby Again', which I think has been edited and streamlined to take out some of the more questionable bits. Depends if you want different opinions, or just the consensus."

"I think I'll try reading the last one. Maybe look at the big one if I need more info, but you make it sound like the important stuff's in the last one anyway."

"That's what I gather from the reviews and comments. And that's what I'd choose, but I thought I should ask you. Everybody has their own style of studying, right?"

"Yeah. Thanks."