"David's, like, you know, a scientist guy. He's very methodical." Phoebe replied.

"I think it's romantic." Monica responded.

"Me, too. Ugh! Did you ever see An Officer and a Gentleman?" Phoebe sat down next to me and leaned her head against the back of the couch. We all nodded our heads. "Well, he's kind of like the guy I went to see that with." She answered. "Except...Except he's gentler and smarter and sweeter. I just...I just want to be with him all the time, you know? Day and night...and night and day...and special occasions." She added quickly.

"Oh, I see where this is going. You're going to ask him to New Year's. You're going to break the pact." Chandler pointed an accusing finger at her. "She's going to break the pact."

"No, no, no, no, no." She stood up. "Yeah, could I just...?" She looked at us, making us gasp.

"Yeah. 'Cause I already asked Janice." Chandler confessed.

"Come on, this was a pact. This was your pact." Ross groaned.

"I snapped, okay? I couldn't handle the pressure." He spat out.

"But Janice, that–that was, like, the worst breakup in history." Monica replied.

"I'm not saying it was a good idea. I'm saying I snapped." He flailed his arms around.

"Hey. Hi. Sorry I'm late." Joey came into the apartment, practically frozen. He took off his coat and came over to behind me. I took off the blanket around me and handed it to him. It was then I noticed the elf costume.

"Too many jokes." Chandler closed his eyes and scrunched up his face. "Must mock Joey."

"Nice shoes, huh?" Joey jiggled them, making the jingle bells ring.

"Ah! You're killing me!" Chandler plugged his ears and walked into the kitchen. Suddenly, we heard a loud ruckus. We turned around to see that Marcel had knocked over all of Monica's pans.

"Ross! He's playing with my spatulas again!" She yelled at him and walked over to him.

"It's not like he's going to hurt them, right?" He replied with a question.

"Do you always have to bring him here?" She asked him.

"Look, I didn't want to leave him alone eat home, alright? We had our first fight this morning." He looked down at his hands. "I think it has to do with my working late. I said some things that I didn't mean, and...he threw some feces."

"You know, if you're going to work late, I can check in on him for you." Chandler offered.

"That would be great. Okay. But if you do, make sure it seems like you're there to see him, okay? And you're not, like, doing it as a favor to me." Ross lowered his voice.

"Okay. But if he asks, I'm not going to lie." Chandler answered, making Ross glare at him. A couple of days later at my apartment, Joey was eating my ice cream while I was making some hot chocolate for us.

"Did you know that my own brother—who started this stupid pact—asked Janice to be his date for New Year's?" I shook my head while popping a couple of mini marshmallows into my mouth.

"Really?" He asked me, stealing a couple of marshmallows.

"Yeah. So is Phoebe, but she and David are cute, so I can't blame her. But I just can't believe it. I thought we made this pact so we wouldn't have to find dates." I groaned and handed him one of the hot chocolate mugs.

"Maybe you and I can go. It doesn't have to be a date, but we could go as friends and kiss as friends when the ball drops." Joey suggested.

"Okay. Technically, we wouldn't be breaking the pact since we're bringing each other, and we won't be alone. It's a not–a–date date, Tribbiani." And we clinked our mugs. After our drinks, he and I headed downstairs to see the rest of the gang.