chapter 16.

Life was good, Camila broke things off with Austin the next day but we decided to keep things to a minimal in public as we didn't want go hurt him or Lauren. Also because of Camila's position no one could find out about us.

The girls left for the next leg of their tour, I started college and Dash and I became good friends immediately.

Next week I had a few days off of college so I decided to visit Kyle back in Miami, his parents got back together recently so I wanted to go back and congratulate all three of them.

Lily is three in a few days and it kinda saddens me at how fast she is growing up.

--

The plane touched down in the city that had been my home for the first 19 or so years of my life, and it was definitely bitter sweet to be back. There is people here who I couldn't wait to see; and there is people who I am hoping to avoid at all costs.

I was walking through the airport when I saw Kyle stood with a man who I presumed to be James, I hadn't actually met him properly but from what I've been told he's a great guy and he treats Kyle right which is all that is important.

I was going to have to ask Kyle about Lauren though as she and him got close when we split up, also I needed to talk to Kyle about him managing to get himself kicked out of NYU for not showing up for a whole month.

"I missed you so much!" I told Kyle as we hugged.

"Its nice to meet you." I spoke as I turned to James who stood there awkwardly.

"Nice to meet you too." He said and I pulled him into a short embrace.

--

It was soon evening time and I had dropped everything off at Kyle's house, I also left him and James to go on a date.

I was casually strolling around the familiar streets when I felt something run into my leg. I looked down to see a small dog which I immediately recognised. It was Lauren's dog, I picked him up and looked at the collar which read 'Dash.'

I changed direction and started the short walk from where I was situated to the Jauregui household.

--

I approached the door and took a deep breath before knocking.

"Y/N.." Lauren said when she answered the door.

"Why are you here?" She questioned.

"Why aren't you on tour?" I asked her.

"I got sick in France so they sent me home for two weeks as we had a break over there." She explained.

"Well I found Dash." I told her as I realised I totally forgot I was holding, but she didn't seem to notice either.

"Oh...I didn't notice he was gone." She said as I handed her Dash.

"Y/N do come in." Lauren's mother said as she saw me stood at the door.

"Oh I can't." I insisted.

"Oh come on." She said firmly and I knew I couldn't say no.

I stepped inside just to be faced by awkwardness between Lauren and I.

"Well are you two going upstairs." She said as she basically pushed us up the stairs.

--

"Have you not told them?" I asked through gritted teeth.

"Of course I have, I told them everything." She replied.

"Then why did she invite me in?" I questioned, my anger was now growing.

"I don't know." She said as she placed Dash on the ground before sitting on the bed.

"Its weird, I have a friend at college called Dash and every time I talk to him I get reminded of your dog which reminds me of you. It almost like no matter how hard I try I can't shake you out of my mind." I said sitting next to her.

"I think you should be thinking about your girlfriend and not your ex fiancée." She reminded me.

"Yeah well its not my fault I can never seem to make up my mind about what I want." I said shakily.

I turned to her and I see her slowly start to lean in but she stops when our lips are just about to touch.

"I'm not going to put Camila through this." She said and started to move away but I pulled her in closer.

Suddenly the door flung open and we heard a gasp which made us both turn our heads.

"Luis I can explain." She begged as Luis stood in the doorway looking furious.

"You're back together?" I asked stunned.