chapter 26.

"Lauren Michelle Jauregui, I love you. Will you marry me?" I asked, tears running down my cheeks.

Silence fell around us. I don't think too many people were sure if what just happened but I couldn't focus on them. All I could focus on was the girl stood in front of me.

"Y/N I don't know what to say." She spoke as tears continued to roll down her cheeks.

"I know I've some mistakes and bad decisions and I've broken your heart over and over again; but Lauren, I love you so much and I don't want to spend the rest of my life with anyone but you. I'm not going to push you for an answer today or you can just reject me now but know that I love you, and that I will never stop loving you and nothing that live can throw at us is going to change that. I've lost you too many times to let that happen again." I finished and grabbed onto one of her hands whilst the other held the ring in front of her.

She looked down at the ground for a moment then looked up and composed herself to speak.

"Why today?" She questioned as she looked at the ring then back at me.

"I wanted to do it before you left but that's not only why. Today is the anniversary of the day we met, we met on April 1st when we were three and now I'm proposing to you on April 1st. The date holds a lot of value to our relationship, sure other dates have value like our first kiss, our first date, or our first time, or even our first break up and second break up and so on or even the first time you proposed; but if I never met you none if that would've ever happened so to me that's the most important." I finished.

"You remember all the dates of all of those things? Why?" She questioned once again looking at the ring.

"Because they were with you Lauren." I told her truthfully.

"I love you. I love you so much." I said before placing a chaste kiss on her lips. God, I had missed her lips.

"I love you too." She said before kissing me again.

"And yes. I'll marry you." She said and I immediately slipped the ring onto her finger pulled her into a tight embrace. Once we pulled back I looked into her eyes for what felt like an eternity before leaning in to kiss my fiancée.

"I can't believe this is actually happening. I promise I won't fuck up this time, I love you so much and I know you are going to South Africa and then back to Miami but just know that no matter where you are, my love for you will not weaken. I realise that things between haven't always been smooth and I'm not scared to admit that I think we both know that things in the future nay not be perfectly smooth; but do you know why I'm not scared of that? I'm not scared of that because I know that I will have you by my side through it all and that is all the comfort I need. Now go get on that plane and finish your tour and sing your heart out. I promise by the time you touch down in Miami I will be at that airport waiting for you to come home." I finished and it was like I suddenly came out of a trance and was thrusted back into reality, I looked at my fiancée before leaning in to place a kiss on her forehead. I then started to heard hands clapping and some cheers from the crowd that had gathered around us.

"Really? You'll be there?" She asked as she looked up into my eyes.

"Trust me. When you touch down in Miami I will be there waiting for you." I reassured her before placing a chaste kiss on her lips.

"Now go and kick ass in South Africa." I joked before pulling her into a tight embrace once last time. She ran up to the girls and they all made their way to their flight, every time I looked up I saw the green eyes that I fell in love with staring right back at me.

--

3 weeks laters.

Being back in the city where I grew up always made me feel amazing and what was even more amazing was that my fiancée would be home for two months tomorrow. Kyle's parents helped him to buy an apartment so he said that I could live with him if I helped pay back the money his parents lent him and if I payed towards the bills.