Bennett*At Least

Tomorrow is my last day of school till August!!!!! WOOOO. Sorry I'm excited. But this is also good news for you. Most of my after school things (study groups, school events etc) are normally a Tuesday, when I write for TGGBB, so since I wont be at school I will keep this updated. I've got a list of backup ideas for when I don't have inspiration so be excited for this summer.

'At least' was going to be a preference but there was no way I could've done all 4 tonight but I figured one is better than none. But tomorrow I'm ditching school early and as soon as I'm home I'll write the rest.

"At least give it a try and be nice," I said as I frantically checked Bennett's appearance over.
He lifted an eyebrow as I was trying to fix his hair, "Am I not nice?"
I hesitated, "You are nice...just a little standoffish," I tried but he didn't look impressed. "C' mon, tattoos, built, black clothing, the whole gang thing. It's not most parent's idea for their child's partner," Bennett just rolled his eyes, "I'm sorry my parents are just- "I made an exploding hand gesture.
With a defeated sigh, Bennett nodded, "Fine. I'll be extra nice if it makes you happy," I grinned at his words and turned to handle to open my door. Bennett leaned down and whispered, "Remember the whole gang thing is you know, secret,"
I rolled my eyes and turned to face him, "Obviously," By the time I turned around my parents had seemingly teleported in front of us. "Hi, mum. Hi dad," a nervous smile coated my face. Please like him.
Dad didn't say anything, his eyes sizing up Bennett. My mums' eyebrows shot up. She knew he had tattoos, that I told her, but she clearly didn't expect the sleeve pocking out from his shirt sleeve or the earrings he was sporting. "Hi honey," she said to me despite her eyes stuck on Bennett, "And you must be (Y/N) boyfriend?"
Bennett shot me a quick look before reaching his hand out, "Yes Mrs (Y/L/N). I'm Bennett," Bennett was smiling. My god. My mum took his hand and shook it, but my dad hesitated. "Mr (Y/L/N),"
It was an awkward silence. "C' mon Bennett, I'll give you a quick tour,"
"I'll join you," Mum pipped in.
Throughout the mini house tour, I really didn't want to give Bennett was giving compliments out about nothing. He even said how the shape of a rug complimented the room. Even my mum was weirded out but clearly appreciated the sentiment.
Then we reached the kitchen.
Mum had invited him over for a home cooked dinner, so the ingredients were laid out, ready to start. "What are you making?" Bennett asked.
"Oh, just something simple. Chicken and veg if that's alright?"
"Yeah of course," Bennett looked at the kitchen, half inspecting it, "So are you sautéing the vegetables or boiling them?"
Mum looked shocked, "You cook?"
"Bennett is working to be a chef," I told her. Mostly true. He did work in a kitchen and I knew Bennett well enough that he would enjoy that sort of thing.
"I could help you out if you'd like?" and before I knew it, I was being shuffled out the kitchen so mum and Bennett could start.
Dinner was amazing, as suspected, and Bennett, who'd been raised to impress adults by his dad, was able to crack my dad. He knew about cars, a bit about sports, old movies, and a list of other things so he figured one would break my dad's wall down.
At the end of the night, as I was showing Bennett out, though not till around 9pm, he gave me a peck on the cheek and said, "Told you I was nice,"