Snake in the waters

Y/n awoke in the Hospital wing. Her head was spinning, her vision was blurry and her leg was throbbing with pain. She tried to sit up but she was restricted by somebody's arm reaching across her.
"Easy, kid easy." Was all she heard before she was set back down again. She then felt a breeze on her face which made her vision come back and she saw Charlie, Chloe and Draco were standing around her bed in the hospital wing. She realised that Charlie had blown on her face to try and wake her and she recoiled her head in dislike and raised her hand to her face to rub her eyes.

"Oh good, she's up." Chloe said with grimace as she hit Charlie round the back of the head as she walked away from Y/n's bed.
"What was that about?" Y/n asked, still a bit dazzled by the light.
"Chloe's upset that I put you in harms way. But what could I do? If I didn't take you to him, he would've killed another innocent person. I couldn't have that on my conscious. You understand right kid?" Y/n tried to gather her thoughts for a moment to recall what happened the other day.
"Nah bruh. It's cool. I mean, not like I believe in this stuff anyways. Besides, I'm the only half blood in his little posey. Seems a little hypocritical if you ask me. That'll be my leverage on the press when I get out of here." Y/n gave a weak smile at the two and then tried to sit up again.

"Easy kid." Charlie said as he held out his hand to steady Y/n as she tried to sit up. He moved the pillow behind her to prop her up and support her. Y/n rubbed her eyes again and looked around the hospital wing. She saw her brother a few beds to her right with people, including Chloe, surrounding him. She looked down at her left forearm which was bandaged up to hide the mark. Y/n decided to take the bandage off and she saw Charlie wince as he awaited her reaction.

"Ok. I know this is real bad and all... but it does look pretty badass. Like something a chai smoker biker would have!" Charlie looked taken aback and surprised
"Your Ok with it?"
"Absolutely! Again, not like I believe in it. I ain't gonna hurt nobody and there's nothing he can do to stop me!" Y/n folded her arms and flopped back into her pillows. She then looked from Draco to Charlie. "Can I stand up now?"

Draco grabbed Y/n' crutches to his left and handed them to Y/n as she swung her legs over the side of the bed. She stretched before she put her arms in her crutches and got up. Her back clicked as she got up from the pressure of standing up after lying down for so long. She hopped over to her brothers bed and saw all the gifts people bought for him. She then looked over at her own bed and noticed that nothing was there. Just Draco and Charlie sheepishly getting up to leave.

She hopped over to her brothers side chair, people moved out of the way because they didn't want Y/n to fall. She sat there for the rest of the time and people eventually started to leave. Harry began to stir after a while and Dumbledore came over to talk to Harry alone. He told Y/n to go to her common room, so she hopped away. Y/n snapped her finger so she was no longer in her pyjamas and was now in her everyday wear. She decided that she didn't want to go to her common room and explain her whole situation to the other Slytherin's. She just went outside and flipped herself under a yew tree next to the lake. She took a deep breath as she tried to relax.

Just before she truly relaxed, a familiar buzzing noise passed her. Pipsqueak dashed in front of her vision, Y/n thought that that was the happiest she been had today. A huge smile appeared on her face as she held out her hand for Pipsqueak to nuzzle on.
"Bripchet!"
"I know, I know. Sorry girl. Didn't mean to worry you. Had to be done, see?" Y/n showed Pipsqueak her left forearm and Pipsqueak sniffed it vigorously, leaving her pink, goo behind.
"Purrr..." Pipsqueak purred as she rubbed her face on Y/n's arm. Y/n petted Pipsqueak on the side of her face. Pipsqueak flew away from Y/n for a moment as she turned herself into a bear. She nuzzled her nose behind Y/n's back to try and get her up. Y/n grabbed her crutches and got herself up. Pipsqueak then turned into a lion and helped Y/n onto her back. The two trotted back onto school grounds and Pipsqueak put Y/n down outside the Slytherin common room.

Y/n said the password and walked into the common room. She was met by stares and whispers, then the dreaded Pansy Parkinson slipped up to her side.
"Is it true then?" She said as she obnoxiously chewed some everlasting wizard gum.
"What?"
"The mark."
"Yup. For sure. Now piss off." Y/n sassily snapped back as she jolted her head to the side for Pansy to get out of the way as she walked over to the fire place and lay down in front of it in foetal position. She then turned into her animagi form and bathed herself in the heat. Her crutches lay by her side ready for when she woke up in the morning.

Pipsqueak turned into a tiger and curled up next to Y/n to keep her even more warm. Draco came and sat next to Pipsqueak and patted her fur. Y/n fell asleep without knowing Draco was even there, after everyone left the common room Draco fell asleep with his head resting on Pipsqueak's soft back. When he was in a much deeper sleep, Pipsqueak moved him closer to Y/n, who had forgotten to keep her animagi form throughout the night, and they slept the night away together.