Chapter 18

Dedicated toaprilluv2luv

Walking around the house aimlessly was a new habit. I've been alone since yesterday and the house feels empty. I don't wanna go anywhere at the moment and l start school next week.

Yesterday after my parents left l went to the mall and bought a few things and went back home. You wondering? I bought some mangas. I read them a lot. The dirty freaking ones,I also draw them after am done reading.

That's my dirty secret.

Okay. Now it ain't a secret no more. Since you know.

A small yawn escaped my mouth and l decided to go rest. Maybe I'll do something tomorrow. I thought as l got in bed. Sleep already overtaking.

"Gosh. She's so beautiful!"

"What's her name? "

"l don't know. Am only seeing her today."

I could hear small whispers. Thought l was dreaming until l actually felt someone caressing my cheek. Suddenly waking up and jumping out of bed. Fuck shit.

"Fuck. "They both exclaimed falling back.

"Who are you? " l asked rather curious than disappointed.

"Y.. I'm... Um.. Glain " The blue haired answered still shocked from my sudden jumping.

The other one giggled a little then stood up and straightened her dress.

"White. We're your roommates."

Oh. I should have figured. But l have sustain reflexes. After my case two years ago. I don't appreciate such creepiness.

"Am Ta... Billie. " l will have to get used to this sooner.

"Well nice to meet you. Welcome to your home away from home. " White spoke.

"Thank you. " l answered as l eyed Glain. She didn't speak after saying her name.

"We usually have two traditions. A house tradition and school tradition,"she continued,"For every new fresher. "

Fresher. Really? That's a weird name. I didn't want to be known as a freshman. That's a little disappointing. But seems like l won't escape this.

"Mmmmh. "

"So this weekend will be our house tradition then the next one the schools," she paused," do you have any questions? "

"No. Actually. Yes. Is it a must? "

"The house one is definitely a must. Me being in charge. The schools no. But don't you want closure with your new friends ?"

Then suddenly blue spoke. " Most people go, in order to get to know each other. It's advisable. If you gonna need real friends. " With that she upped and left.

"So....what is your favorite colour? Red, pink, black..."

"Blue. "

She's going to be the death of me. She's nice. I don't mind. But she's talkative and very convincing. I'll be doing a lot of what l hate. Talking randomly.

"Great. Glain's favourite. I don't have class on Wednesday. We go shopping?"

"Sure. Wait they said we gonna be four. Where's the other one?" I asked curiously.

"Oh. She went home on Friday. She's coming back tomorrow. Don't worry we all nice. A little something Glain is the silent one. Don't get on her bad side. You won't like it." With that she walked out.

Glain. So she's the bitchy one. I figured White didn't want to bad mouth her. Anyway take note. Don't get to attached. They will be leaving campus before you. In a year or so. Wait so this entire house would be mine? No. I'll also be leaving. I told my parents l'd stay in the dorms for only a year or two then leave. And probably get my own apartment or studio.

Checking the time it was half past four. I have an appointment. When I visited the mall yesterday l got a few other appointments made. Breathing in and out l stood from my bed and put on my shoes. Then took my bag and left. Thank heavens l didn't bump into a blue haired girl. I had taken note to avoid her. I didn't need any drama.

"TOMBOY Huh! "

That wasn't for me. Was it?

"Where are you headed to? "

Definitely me. I turned to face a smirking girl seated on the grass next to a tree. It explained why I didn't see her when l came out. My mind was elsewhere. Why did she call me that.

"Security checks? " l changed my name that means l changed myself too. No need to act all nice for no reason.

"No. You look great. Make sure you come back safely. " She chuckled.

"Sure White. I don't need a reminder."

~~~

Dressed in black shorts,a white T-shirt and black canvases. I didn't understand the stares. Oh! And a small black bag pack. I wasn't carrying illegals. If that's what they are thinking.

After scanning my bag at the entrance l walked into the mall. I needed a soft energy drink first.

"You right on time," the guy smiled widely, "l actually thought you chickened out."

"Am no chicken. " l said confidently.

"Okay. Ready yourself as l get a glass of water. "

Thinking about everything that put me in harm seemed to recharge my confidence. Okay. Breath in and out. Let it all out.

"Ready? " He asked as he put gloves on.

"Sure."

I watched as he cleaned my arm and switched on the machine. It would sting am sure but that wasn't enough to stop me. He gently rubbed my skin as the machine came into contact with me.

It sure did sting. He was kind enough to initiate a conversation. I had roughly three drawings. Large l must say. That l needed first.

I would get two first then the third one tomorrow.

That was not it.