Chapter 15

"I need some money. Could you please give me some and stop asking me questions Mum. "

I could tell she was taken aback by my words but really right now isn't the time. Giving me side glares she removed some from her purse and gave me without a single word. I know this going to be the topic till l leave for school.

Getting a cab l drove till the one place l think l needed to be. Earlier l convinced myself that it wasn't important but deeply l knew l had to go.

Ever since our small talk at the beach my mind's been elsewhere. I know l sound clingy but really l thought people are allowed to fight for love. And l didn't want to regret later on.

I talk of love like something am used to. Lol. Who am l kidding. I don't know why but l feel like my walls have been broken and my little world destroyed. Ever since prom.

I didn't know her. I didn't ask her about her love life. I actually never asked her about anything. So it's partly my fault l got broken. I don't blame her fully. Just a little for sending signals.

Arriving a few minutes earlier l sat at the entrance and waited patiently for her. She's leaving today, maybe saying goodbye will help my aching heart. Or will make her change her mind.

Dime. I signed. This how people feel? Or is it just me? Then probably l will never allow myself to fall in love with someone.

"Tamara. " Her surprised voice called out making me ache more for l will miss that voice.

"H.. Hey. " l said trying my best not to break. I don't break in front of people a lot. It makes me feel embarrassed.

"What are you doing here?" She asked. I could tell the by her voice that she was feeling guilty.

"Am sorry l walked out on you without saying a word. I just didn't know what to say. Am here to say goodbye actually. " I say with a small smile.

"I understood you at the time. I actually stayed behind with your friends. l needed to think and the sounds from the sea waves where kinda relaxing. " She replied without looking straight into my eyes.

Guilt.

"Do you need to say something else?" l asked.

"Um...mm...l actually have something. " she fidgeted with her fingers before looking at me," Am sorry. I know l never mentioned about my girlfriend. And l did actually lead you on but l was just desperate for a friend. I like you. True. Who wouldn't? It's just that l have someone else. "

Huh.

"What are you trying to say. That if you didn't have her you'd stay with me?" A tear balanced on my left eye.

"That's not important. Am just saying you can find someone better for yourself Mara. "

"But l don't want anyone better. Please don't leave. "

"Am sorry Mara. Don't make this hard for me. It's already hard for me to stop thinking about you. Don't make me feel this dump inside for leaving you here."

I didn't have any other ways to try and stop her. Whoever she was going to go back to must be really special. And lucky. Holding her cheek with my hand l rubbed a few circles and said goodbye.

"Mara! " She called. Without turning l stopped and wiped away the tear that was able to escape. "I hope we still can be friends. I'll look for you when l get back. "

I didn't respond. She's the last person I'll ever want to see. I know it's selfish and stuff but l wouldn't want to go  through this memory again. Ever.

~~~

"Your turning 18 and you have this big gloomy face. What's wrong? " Angel asked.

"Just not used to big parties. Or any parties at all. "l sighed.

"Come on. Tomorrow you'll be leaving and God knows when I'll be seeing you again. Just spend the last night wisely. Please for me. " She begged.

"Okay. Am sorry. And will see each other soon. Plus will Skype."

"But l won't be able to hold you or hug you. I'll really miss you." She pouted.

"Heeey come here. Don't worse the mood. " I said as l pulled her into a hug. Then kissed her forehead.

~~~

"Sleeping beauty. In less than two hours you'll be turning 18. I can't believe am saying this. But." He paused for a moment as if contemplating if to tell me or not.

Staring at him my lips curved at the corner. He was crying. This funny actually. He rarely cried. Like l said before.

"But... " l asked.

"Am still two years older than you." He chuckled to lighten the mood.

That's not what he wanted to say. But am not going to push. Let me save everything for tomorrow. My mother actually wished me a happy birthday earlier as she said she couldn't stay till 12 am. And that tomorrow many people would have already done it so it will be no fun.

She got me a bracelet. And the new iPhone X. Which l really appreciated. Since l talked to her rudely just a couple of days ago. And she didn't pry as to why. That was different. Good different.

"Have any plan on what you'll do the first few months before school? "

"Yeah. Lots of things actually. But don't ask l won't tell. " l told Kris.

I do have a long list. Only time will tell.

~~~~~~~~

I rarely do check ups for any spelling errors. So please don't mind. Am just usually too exited to update faster.

Anyway~ Please vote...comment and show some love.

And also l really do need a little help with the cover photo. Share your opinions.